News... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-09-2004, 01:49 AM
News...

...good news ,that is!

Some of you ladies know that I had CIN on a recent Pap, with one of the high-risk HPV strains. I had a cryo, and just got the results of the post-cryo Pap -- NORMAL! I've been taking my folic acid, too, like a good girl -- for whatever reason, it came out clean this time (and yes, they do use ThinPrep).

I have a couple of questions, though. How often should I be scheduling followup? My doctor really wants me to see the GYN-onc anyway because of adhesion issues that are gradually becoming more than just annoying, and she feels that all the endo makes anything with me complicated, surgery-wise. Should I be asking them to do the followup Paps, since I'll have to be going to them anyway? And should they be every three months, or have some of you been able to go to every six?

I love my doctor dearly, but she and I both know that it may be time for more complicated care than an OB-GYN in solo practice can provide. You'd think I'd be done with the whole cancerhead thing, but she's concerned that I'm dealing with more than just adhesions, so it's really hard to let go of that worry just yet.

Anyway, I'm just going with this news, and planning a family vacation for the end of June -- first one in three years!!

Grateful for any advice you can provide,

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2004, 08:27 AM
News...

Congratulation on your pap!!!!!

As far as followup paps, I go every three months. But I also had a little higher grade than CIN. I myself would check with gyn/onc and see how often he would like to see you considering everything.

Hope you have fun on your vacation.
Unread 05-09-2004, 09:44 AM
News...

Audrey.

Congratulations on your Pap. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I have no answers about how often you should see the Dr. I have the PEt scan every 6 months, have the adhesions scraped off the colon every month, but no Dr has given or suggested I have a vaginal exam or Pap since the first surgery almost two years ago. I have not asked about this because I figure if the Dr's dont want to go there, neither do I! I would probably fail the scootch. Have a wonderful vacation with your family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2004, 10:01 AM
News...

Audrey!

Glad you got good news! As for follow-up scheduling, I'd ask the gyn/onc. I've gone every 3 months for the past two years but my doctor was being especially cautious since I had a trachelectomy rather than a hyst. Good luck to you!

Beth
Unread 05-09-2004, 10:50 AM
News...

Audrey,

I agree with the others- your gyn/onc is the best one to ask for advice on followup checkups etc. Each case is so very different.

Glad you are feeling more at ease! You deserve to enjoy every moment of that vacation.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 05-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Love your good news!

Ask the gyn/onc what he or she wants and go by that schedule. And have a great time on that vacation--and make it extra special by spending some extra $$$$ on just plain goodies!
Unread 05-09-2004, 02:47 PM
News...

Congratulations
Enjoy your vacation.

Ruth S
Unread 05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
News...

s Audrey

I'm glad to read you are doing so well!! I remember your concerns awhile back. Definitely check with the gyn/onc regarding frequency of PAPs.
Have a great vacation!!

karenann
Unread 05-09-2004, 03:32 PM
News...

Audrey, I have no medical suggestions but just wanted to say I'm delighted with your news. (you are quite the tease.. I was holding my breath as I opened this post!)

have a wonderful vacation!
Unread 05-09-2004, 05:32 PM
News...

Congratulations Audrey!

What great news! And what a way to celebrate--with a family vacation!

I've had several procedures over the years (2 cryo's, 1 LEEP, 1 cone) and after all of them I was put on the 3-month plan for 2 years. But absolutely, check with your gyn/onc.

I'm so happy for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register