anyone else out with with a vaginectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else out with with a vaginectomy? anyone else out with with a vaginectomy?

Unread 05-10-2004, 03:59 AM
anyone else out with with a vaginectomy?

Hi

I'm usually on cancer concerns as I had cancer and was operated on recently. I had a total HS, Vaginectomy (no reconstruction yet)
and a total analectomy. (not sure what the correct name is)

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who experiences alot of pain from this procedure, a vaginectomy? The pain is so extreme for me, I don't think I have an infection, it might be part of the healing process, but I need something for it. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2004, 09:35 AM

Hi Maria,

I am sorry you are still having so much pain. As you know, I also had vaginal cancer. I did not have a total vaginectomy. But I did have a lumpectomy to remove the original lump and a partial vaginectomy during my HS to remove more of the tumor bed and a lymph node with cancer in it. I have to tell you that for me the vaginal surgery actually caused me very little pain. Since your vaginectomy was total, maybe your bladder or something is hurting. Perhaps it has something to do with that catheter that you have?

I know it isn't helping you to tell you this. And I wish I did have some help to offer. But you really should get pushy with your Docs and have them address your pain. Haven't they prescribed anything for you? I mean you still have so much going on since your exenteration.

I pray and think about you everyday. I truly can't wait until you are done with pain and you can start to get your life back. Hopefully someone else might be able to help with your question.

Sharon
Unread 05-10-2004, 05:05 PM

Oh ((((Maria))))) I'm so sorry you've been going through so much, and that it's not over

I know this is not the same thing at all, and that it is unlikely that the pain can even be compared, but when I had my TVH, 3 1/2 years ago, I also had a rectocele repair. Originally, the only pain I felt was from the huge episiotomy-like incision. It could be that the whole perineal and vaginal/anal area is riddled with nerves, hence the enhanced pain sensation

One thing that I know is that you should mention your pain to your doctor. Hopefully, your doctor will understand your need for relief and will have something to help you.

Sending lots and lots of s your way. Hopefully, very soon, the pain will nothing but a memory

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register