colorectal surgeon? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

colorectal surgeon? colorectal surgeon?

Unread 05-11-2004, 12:21 PM
colorectal surgeon?

Hi girls one of the doc's that my old uro is forwarding me on to is a colorectal surgeon because she feels that my defect may be in that area and is just pulling the bladder down with it (apparently same set of supports??)

I just wondered if anyone had seen one and what to expect.....this one makes me a little nervous

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
colorectal surgeon?

Hi (((Gidge)))) I have yet to see a colorectal surgeon, but wanted to send s your way. It does make sense that the bladder and bowers (as well as the uterus) all have the same support system, considering all the problems we tend to have in those areas
Unread 05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
colorectal surgeon?

Well ((Gidge))... I have seen a colorectal surgeon

My doctor sent me because he wanted to check and make sure there wasn't anything going on in my colon that might be causing my pain problems. I asked the nurse what the difference was between a colorectal surgeon and a gastroenterologist.... she said the colorectal docs work specifically on the large colon, sigmoid colon, etc (use imagination ). The GI doctors tend to work on the upper part of the digestive track.... but some do work on all of it... and then I think there is also a specialty called a proctologist... and I think they deal specifically with the rear end.

So, for example, had the doctor found endo in my colon, my GYN probably would have organized a surgery with himself and the colorectal surgeon.

When I went, the doctor did a sigmoidoscopy at the first visit. It was OK. I am just glad that I didn't have to go back repeatedly.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2004, 10:25 AM
colorectal surgeon?

thanks for the replies girls

I'm just a little nervous as to what to expect during the appointment "examination wise" etc......but if it's going to help I"m all for it I guess!!
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
colorectal surgeon?

((((Gidge)))))

Well, the great news is that you are being seen by doctors again! Should have happened sooner, but I'll focus on the positive.

If you are wondering what to expect, why not call the docs nurse ahead of time and just ask her/him what is on the schedule/normal procedure. May effect what you wear, whether or not you shave your legs, etc I try to wear stuff that is two piece if I am only going to have to remove the bottom half. Its a valid question.

When my sister saw a surgeon for a surgery consult about removing a growth from her bowel, she was really shocked when they told her to remove everything below the waist. She thought that since she had the colonoscopy, it would just be a discussion of the test results. My point is, had she asked, she would have prepared herself mentally.

I hope your CR surgeon is compassionate, intelligent, and overall great!

s
Unread 05-12-2004, 01:11 PM
colorectal surgeon?

thanks Michelle, I know the uro's office told me that he would see me at the Outpatient Clinic at one of our hospitals and I was concerned that maybe he was going to haul off and perform a procedure on me or something and she said no that he would "examine" me.....so I'm not sure what that means....... and am not looking forward to it, however like I say if it means I get fixed .....let's do it! :dance2:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register