Fighting with Husband | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fighting with Husband Fighting with Husband

Unread 05-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Fighting with Husband

Ok I am not sure what the heck is going on but ever since I started to get back on my feet again and do things for myself my husband and I have not stopped fighting. He is being such a jerk lately he is short tempered. I know he helped me a lot this past week and when i needed him he was there but i need to do things for myself now I have to get back to being me again and it seems like he resents this. We are not even as emotionally attached anymore i cant remember once time since I returned from the castle where he has just sat next to me and help my hand. Anyone experience this?

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Fighting with Husband

My husband and I have been fighting. Okay, well, I have been yelling and he has been sitting there. But I understand what you are going through. It is hard for you and him. He doesn't understand the whole ordeal you are going through. I think there is actually a book out there for men with women who have went through a hyst.

I hope things get better.
Shannon
Unread 05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Fighting with Husband

Hi,
Luckily for me, DH works away in the week, so me and DDs live off microwave meals in the week. he he!
we have had a few rows, mainly cos he forgets that I have been through the mill, and emotionally, I am on a bit of a rollercoaster.
We make up though! and ever since I've been in hospital, we have had dinner out every sunday, and Friday we have a chinese, and sat we go to MIL. He still moans about his clothes though!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Fighting with Husband

Let's just say hubby comes homes from work and goes fishing everynight!
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Fighting with husband

I so totally know what you are going thru. My husband helped me for about a week. Then my mother started helping me. He works nights and has to sleep during the day, which made me feel like he didnt care. So i would yell and make loud noises during the day only to have him get up and us fight.

I now know that i was in the wrong (but we wont tell him that, ). He needs his sleep during the day so he can work at night. So we both agreed, if he gets a weekend off, one of those days are ours and the other is family time. Things are back to normal, whatever that might be, lol.

Suzi
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Fighting with Husband

Hi,
we do the same, as he works away, saturday he does as he pleases, and Sunday is family day. He gets a lie in, and we go to mass, and then we go out for lunch, usually with a stepkid or 2.
We visit his ma on sat pm, we sometimes meet him up there, we sometimes go together, we sometimes leave early for him to meet friend in pub.
the pressure has been on a little bit, cos I've been home alone all week, and in the beginning, I was bad, but now I'm better, he's coping better
men for you!!
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Fighting with Husband

Oh boy... that's a hot topic in our house right now. My husband is 50 and RETIRED... that means ALWAYS HOME. That seems great at first, but I have no alone time. I find he is becoming resentful that I am here and thinks I use this to be lazy! Tonight I made supper but I'm really tired now. He doesn't seem to understand. I can totally relate with you. I'm riding it out, all things will pass, I'm sure. I'm babbling on sorry about that. Its just nice to come here and feel like I'm not the only one going thru these things.
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Fighting with Husband

I have my sugery on Tuesday, so I am still pre-op, but what about in the months/weeks leading up to the hyster? Did you seem to fight much then? My husband and I seemed to be on a vicious cycle of fight-kinda makeup-fight some more until just recently, when my surgery was moved up. Now he is making such an effort to be kind it almost brings tears to my eyes. I think he has finally realized somewhat what this means to me, and what the recovery might look like. I hope we don't go through this good time only to go back to that cycle. Anyone have a worse time before with hubby, and now post-op it is better? I don't want to lose my marriage along with everything else I am losing!
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Fighting with Husband

My husband will not be around during my op or after it, (he is a recovering alcoholic and is getting well in another town)

Although I will miss him and I do resent a little that he is not going to be around like normal husbands, (I want the whole pamered princess experience) at least he will be spared the stress of my possible strange moods and we will have a better chance of getting back together at a later time.

BTW I will be going to visit him on May 25th, the 1st time since August. Yippee.

I hope you all get back on an even keel with your hubbys soon.
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:26 PM
fighting

rcbookworm
you are not 2 weeks post-op,had a TAH and are cooking? no wonder your tired.one of the hardest things for me is to not give in to what OTHER people think i should be feeling.
my dh is still more than wonderful,but my teenagers and relatives hint it's long enough.i've even had someone ask me "how long you gonna milk this"!!!

i have times that it's tough for me to understand when the dr. told me it takes 6wks.that is the minimum TAH recovery time.
hang in there ladies and keep communication open on what you know and the length of recovery time.i think dh are more compassionate if they are informed.

coleen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register