I haven't posted here yet but............. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I haven't posted here yet but............. I haven't posted here yet but.............

Unread 05-13-2004, 05:00 PM
I haven't posted here yet but.............

I am having a TAH on the 24 of May. It is Due to adenomyosis and cervical dysplaisa. The thing is my dr is not to sure how bad the dysplaisa is. He believes it is in the glands. I had a leep and it seemed to back it up. He cut about two inches off of my cervix. Until I jerked in pain because the numbing meds hadn't worked. The first pap came back severe again. Is it possible for me to be in the first stages of cancer. I don't know, my dr says that it is so hard to dx glandular dysplaisa. I know that I am always in pain. I put that off to the adenomyosis. But no food is starting to not taste good. And no matter what I eat I can't get satsfied. Even when I eat what I have been carving. Thanx ladies...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2004, 05:39 PM

Hi,
I had early stages of cervical cancer and did not have any symptoms. Symptoms include vaginal bleeding, discharge, painful intercourse. If the LEEP showed abnormal cells, you could still have early stage cancer but early stage cancer is very curable. The fact that they took a large piece of your cervix and it was precancer is a good sign. Your lack of appetite might be nerves. Try not to panic now. You should probably see a gyn/oncologist. They are the experts and probably would reassure you at this point.
Unread 05-13-2004, 06:00 PM

Hi,
I had a colposcopy done and it showed high level dysplasia. A couple of weeks later they did a cone and it showed cervical cancer. I had never had any symptons and had never had one bad pap. Cervical cancer is very curable in the early stages. I was staged at 1a and had to have a radical hysterectomy. I also had to have external and internal radiation because there was also a second spot that had started on my vagina that was also in the very earliest stages. When my dr found the cancer he recommended an oncolgist. I actually had my regular doctor assisting the oncologist in surgery.

Do you have an oncologist? They are the experts.You may be wasting a good worry. My case was a very rare one having the 2 spots. If the second spot would not have been there I would have had to have no furthur treatment.

Best of Luck !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 07:12 PM
thoughts

So sorry to hear that you are having such bad luck. I am a bit confused about what you wrote....am hoping that your doctor is a gynecologist oncologist.

I had glandular cervical cancer (adenocarcinoma) that went unnoticed through almost all of my paps - and I went every six months for screening. While it is difficult to diagnose when they don't know it's there, it is very easy to diagnose if you've had abnormal paps and then once they've done a colposcopy and/or a cone biopsy. Glandular cervical is usually found higher up than a pap test gets to. It either is or isn't cancer -- there is no gray area.

While my cancer was found at stage 1B1 (very early), when they did my cone biopsy they found microscopic vascular invasions which led them to do a radical hysterectomy. Following my radical hyst. they found two of my lymph nodes to be positive for cancer. I was told that this happens only 3% of the time.

My point to all of this information is to suggest to you to see a gyn/onc if you aren't already seeing one. They are the experts. I think they should know exactly what they're dealing with before they go in to do your hysterectomy -- knowing ahead that it is or isn't cancer will lead them to do your surgery differently giving you the best possible outcome.

Connie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register