Good News | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Good News

ladies, drumroll please.........I finally get to share something good with you!!!!

They cancelled my last two chemos!!!!
CT scan shows two areas of concern. Thickening of bowel wall and small amount of fluid in the pelvic area.

Doc says he is sure the thickening is from the radiation and that it will always look that way on scans.
And he believes the chemo may be causing the fluid.

So we will quit!!! And they will keep close watch on scans.

I am so happy. Still down at 97 pounds but at least now I feel like what I eat will stay with me and not get knocked off again next week.

I have lingering side effect problems such as the pain in legs from radiation, pain in feet from cisplatin and what may be lymphdema in my pelvic area. So I'll still have questions, questions, questions.

I don't know how to thank you for being my sisters and walking this road with me. I guess I can't other than to say, I will be here for you.

I know it isn't all over. Suppose it never will be. But at least I have a time now to live life and be grateful for each and every day, rainy or sunny, makes no difference to me

nancy j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah!

That is so neat! It is a true positive sign I pray that you can get some food into you. I know you must feel week from all the treatments, but now you can keep it down

I too, have lymphedema from surgery. If you have any questions let me know.....

God Bless!
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Good News

SOOOO Glad to hear your news Nancy.....Think Positive and start that weight gain...Oh if only I could send you about 30 lbs...It would be in the mail today...LOL. Prayers still going your way....Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Good News

Dear Nancy,

I was so happy to see this post from you this morning.
Things will get better every day for you now. Congratulations on being done with chemo, just in tome for a great summer
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:33 AM
30 lbs

I just had this hilarious vision of 30 lbs arriving in the mail and the look on my mailmans' face!LOLOL

Thank you all. Yes, I am so happy and I want everybody here to experience the feeling of receiving that phone call....like I did.

I am sooooo looking forward to spending some quality time with my four grandchildren this summer. They are ages 6, 4, 3 and 2. And so much fun. They have been so caring to me. It didn't matter that my hair was gone, or that I had no energy to play...as long as I would just hold them on my lap and listen. How precious a childs' love is. No strings attached.

nancy j
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Good News

Nancy --

Enjoy those sweet babies and a chemo free good time

Dorrie
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Good News

Congratulations Nancy! I know what you're feeling having been recently freed from chemo myself. Enjoy yourself! And for a bit more encouragement, my hair is already coming back in. I started going hatless at work last week. It won't be long before chemo is just like a bad dream.

Take care!

Limbo
Unread 05-14-2004, 10:28 AM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The GRANDEST news! Enjoy those grandchildren and growing hair.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Unread 05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
To Gain Weight

I personally recommend Dairy Queen blizzards--the large ones. M&M and new French Silk Pie. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Unread 05-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Good News

Dear Nancy,
I have been reading your posts and hearing about your challenges and struggles through all of this. I can really say I understand, as my experience with cisplatin and doxil was very similar to yours except it did a real number on my blood counts! I too was only able to make it through 4 treatments and mine were spaced out every 28 days...not like yours at 21 days (I just can't imagine)! You have done so well! I had radiation to my lower spine in March and the blood levels dropped again and now they are slowly going up and another chemo is scheduled to begin the first week in June.

Although your walk through this cancer land may not be over, you have a new perspective on life (I can hear it in your e-mail). And I can guarantee you that as you regain your strength and weight, that a day will not go by when you thank God for life! Enjoy your precious grandchildren and each new day!
Sincerely,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register