Losing my marbles over this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Losing my marbles over this Losing my marbles over this

Unread 05-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Losing my marbles over this

I feel like I'm losing my marbles thinking or over-thinking this surgery. I'm scheduled for May 25th. I'm 28 and I wasn't expecting this. However, everyone tells me that I will feel wonderful, like my old self again, when it's over and the pain is gone for good. I don't remember who my old self is. What if she doesn't come back. I want to be the woman my husband married not this crying, in pain, miserable wreck that he has had for the last three years. I can't believe he's still here! I look forward to being able to be active and play with the kids again. I hope this is the answer I need! I'm starting to feel better the more I write. It will all be over soon, let's hope this works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 09:01 PM

Most of us are in away apprehensive when we are faced with surgery .

The fear of
Going under
Pain
and being faced ith chornic pain like we do is very wearing mentally and physiclly .

I tink you have to be kind to yourself and accept that you may be incapacitated for ahwile .

Im now picking up the pieces of my life that two decades of period pain robbed me of .

Cheer Up

mei
Unread 05-14-2004, 09:05 PM

Your not losing your marbles.... just the pain, and suffering that you have lived with for so long. I am sure your "old self" will come back. I am hoping for that too!! I want to be a better wife and mom. I go in the day before you, yes it is scary, but just think of how good you will feel, so I have been told, after it is over with!! Everything will work out for the best!!!

Best of luck...

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2004, 09:23 PM

Hi Hun.. I'm 28 too so I understand what you are feeling. Please do yourself a favor and get the book "Living In The Land Of Hyster" (it's sold @ the store portion of this site) I can not even begin to tell you how much it helped me. It, along with talking to my new found Sisters on this site helped me come to terms with this very difficult situation. I have no kids and I am awaiting a proposal from my DBF (we're broke now so the engagement is on hold for a while).

After reading it I wrote this... (hope it helps)

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a Lady in Waiting. I have come from a land where I rode emotional roller costars, swam in rivers of blood, cringed and curled to shield myself from cramps, and fought daily to maintain the lifestyle that I was told I should be living. Flat out - I'm pooped!!! I finally found myself wandering into a strange new land called Hyster. I was scared and angry because this new land was not on my life map. At first, I thought that this new land was a curse and a stone around my neck that I would forevermore have to carry. The more I wandered into this strange land the lighter the stone became. I realize now that this land is not my curse.. the land I CAME FROM was my curse!!! This land is my savior! I am not losing anything! I am gaining so much more!! I am gaining a life without a constant feeling of needing a shower. A life without chewing off the heads of my loved ones for breakfast. A life where I don't have to cringe every time my DBF wants to be close to me. I will still be me! I will not lose myself along this journey! I will find new parts of me to love and embrace!! I will still be a mother! A mother to all that come my way for I will still have all my love to give and THAT part will never go away! I am strong enough to face this head on, because let's face it - I am a woman! I will sheild myself with the stories of Punctured Princesses that have come before me. And I will charge head first into the battle of self re-discovery armed with the knowledge of my research. And when I am tired and cranky from my battle I will forgive myself for being tired and cranky. For I know I will have my new found sisters to lean on. And they will lean on me. Because I love them. And together we will flourish with the grace and dignity that only comes from being a woman!!! So chins up my soon to be princess sisters! You are beautiful! You are wonderful! And we will get through this TOGETHER!!!!"

Keep On Posting - We Will Help As Much As We Can

~~~Firggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register