I posted about cervical cancer. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I posted about cervical cancer. I posted about cervical cancer.

Unread 05-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I posted about cervical cancer.

I don't have an oncologist. All I know is that I am having a TAH on the 24. He told me that I have adenocaronima. Is that how you spell it. I thought that was cancer, but my hubby says it isn't. Once I have the hyster I will know if I have to take radiation, once the pathology report comes in. I am afraid and can't really talk to anyone in my family. I don't want to worry them. I am sorry I am rambling. Thanx for the ears..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2004, 11:21 AM
cervical cancer

Hi Taylea,

I think you might want to ask your gyn if he/she can refer to a gyn/oncologist, because they are the experts in this field and have a lot of experience in dealing with this sort of problem. Are they going to sample your lymph nodes during your surgery? This is often done to ensure that no cancer has spread out of the cervix. It would give you added peace of mind.

You said you have adenocarcinoma, which by definition does mean cancer, which I know is very scary to hear! I too had adenocarcinoma, as did a few others on this board. I am happy to be able to report that I am almost 2 years cancer-free!

Please keep posting questions, that's what we are hear for. Good luck to you Taylea.

Beth
Unread 05-16-2004, 12:35 PM

Hi Taylea,

I heartily second Beth's advice. Please ask your Dr. to recommend an oncologist to explain things to you and to do your surgery so you will have the best possible outcome. Hopefully if you have adenocarcinoma it has been caught at a very early stage. You will find lots of info and support on this board so please keep posting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanx

I am sure that my dr deals with this all the time. He may not be specifically an oncologist, but he is a great dr and works for a college. Which means that he is part of the teaching program and deals with the things weekly. Also I didn't mention that it is in situ. I am hurting badly at the moment with the adenomyosis and right now there is no one home with me and I am watching the kids by myself and trying to cook at the same time. Thanx again and you guys are diffinently a huge help. Thanx alot...................
Unread 05-16-2004, 01:11 PM

Hi Taylea: It sounds like you have the same diagnosis as I had. If the adenocarcinoma is in-situ, that means it is "in-place" and at a very early stage. I'm sorry that you are dealing with adenomyosis too! I know what a pain that can be! If you want to chat some more, just write.
Unread 05-16-2004, 03:22 PM

Taylea,

I, too, was dx with adenocarcinoma......my gyn. referred me to a woderful gyn/oncologist...Please, see if your gyn. can do the same. I had a TAH/BSO on march 12, 2004, and will start my second week of external radiation tomorrow. My prayers are with you as you begin this journey.
Unread 05-16-2004, 05:10 PM

Taylea--

I agree with the other sisters--I had a TAH, then pathology revealed cancer. Because I hadn't known about it going in to the original surgery, I had to undergo a second procedure to get the lymph nodes. This would not have been the case had I taken my case first to a gyn/onc.

Ask for the referral. You may not have to change your surgery date; you may have both your gyn and the gyn/onc doing the surgery. But please give yourself the best chance you can--consult a gyn/onc.

Valarie
Unread 05-16-2004, 06:54 PM

Hi Taylea,

I absolutely agree.....Make sure that an oncologist/gynocologist does your surgery. They are the only experts in the field. Your regular gynocologist should not be insulted . This is your life and you want to do everything right the first time.

Rosalie
Unread 05-16-2004, 08:04 PM
I guess I should tell you my story(long)

I didn't start having sex until 16. I told my mom and we went the the gyno. My very first pap came back bad. Every pap I have ever had has come back abnormal. But they would do the one where the actually took a really small sample of tissue and it would come back fine. I am 24 now. Sex is very painful for me. Sometimes I even bleed after wards. My period went from 3 days to 7 or 8 now. Some of that has to do with the adeno. But I am really scared that it might be worse than what he said. He is the only dr that has wanted to do anything for me. Thanx...........
Unread 05-16-2004, 10:08 PM

Taylea,
Have you made a follow-up appointment with your gyno recently?
Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register