breast biopsy tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

breast biopsy tomorrow breast biopsy tomorrow

Unread 05-16-2004, 04:11 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Thanks so much for the info you gave me regarding the stereotactic procedure a couple of weeks ago. I know that everything will probably be okay. I still feel nervous though, about the procedure, the wait, and then getting the results. I talked with the oncology surgeon Friday and he examined me, looked at my films, and scheduled the biopsy for tomorrow (Monday). I'll see him again on the 25th for results. (I have "B4 suspicious abnormality, calcifications associated with a small nodular finding..." The stereotactic biopsy will be tomorrow afternoon, check-in at 1pm, biopsy at 1:30pm. The doctor gave me one, 1 mg Ativan to take 30 minutes prior to procedure. I'm a little nervous of course, but am expecting good news probably a week from now. They've been watching these calcifications for a year (I've had three diagnostic mammograms.) Thanks again for the support you gave me and the information that helped to ease my fears. I'll check back with you in about a week to let you know the results. {{{hugs}}} to all the wonderful folks on the cancer concerns forum!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Nothing But Good News

Remember that most lumps and area biopsied are NOT cancerous. I'm hoping for good news for a celebration.
Unread 05-16-2004, 06:55 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Here's hoping that you get all good news.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2004, 07:07 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Thanks, Margaret and Rosalie. I know the odds are in my favor, but the odds haven't been too much in my favor here lately. I was told two weeks ago that I need a total hip replacement. I'm 55 years old and not real overweight or anything. I fell 12 years ago and hurt my back and hip and the joint has lost all joint space and has cysts and an osteophyte, and is bone on bone in places. I've not agreed to it yet, but know I will need to come around. I live alone, except for my two pups, work every day, though medical problems are making everything very hard, and my company is getting ready to lay off about 3000 people. It's difficult to be alone facing biggies like that, but I know there are many others in the same position with even bigger problems to deal with. I appreciate you all.
Unread 05-16-2004, 11:00 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Annie,

I hope you soon get good news from your biopsy, and relief from all the other medical problems.
Unread 05-16-2004, 11:16 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

(((Annie)))

Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well and that you get good news.

Unread 05-17-2004, 06:42 AM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Thanks so much Shepherdpal and Jeanine! I appreciate you!!
Unread 05-17-2004, 01:14 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

(((Annie))) I hope you're already back home from the procedure... sorry I missed your post, I was out of town this weekend. How did it go? Make sure to keep an ice pack on it off and on for the rest of today, it can greatly reduce the swelling and discomfort.

Did they say how long it will be until you get the results? For me it was about four days. Please try not to be too nervous... it's true that usually they are benign. Feel free to come here for s to get you through till you get your results, OK?

-Linda
Unread 05-17-2004, 01:22 PM
calcifications

I hope your procedure went well and most importantly I hope you can find some inner peace as you wait for the results.

I have calcifications that the surgeon kept an eye on for five years before deciding they were benign as there was no change.
The radiologist recommended biopsy but the surgeon didn't feel it warranted biopsy, nor did my family doctor.

I was thrilled when after following them for 5 years they finally considered them normal and gave me a clean bill of health.

I wish you the same!
Unread 05-17-2004, 06:29 PM
breast biopsy tomorrow

Hi, Linda and Showell! I'm home! It was not too bad and I think I did real well. They took 12 samples and they say they got 12 good samples, including a couple of calcifications. The registered nurse who called me before the procedure and talked for quite a long time came out to lead me back and remained with me throughout the procedure. The doctor talked to me before and after. He explained that at times he has thought calcifications were benign and they have turned out to be malignant, and some that he has thought looked the most suspicious have turned out to be benign. That's why a biopsy is important. It isn't something that can be accurately diagnosed without the lab results. They implanted the metal chip at the site. I will not get a call from them. The ordering surgeon, has said that he will personally deliver the results a week from tomorrow. He's a wonderful doctor. It seems that an oncologist has something extra that many other doctors are lacking. They seem to be more compassionate and understanding. Anyway, I thank you all so much for preparing me so well to go into this procedure knowing what to expect. That helped immensely! Now, I wait. Hugs to all on this wonderful board!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register