Newly diagnosed cervical adenocarcinoma stage 1B | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newly diagnosed cervical adenocarcinoma stage 1B Newly diagnosed cervical adenocarcinoma stage 1B

Unread 05-16-2000, 11:13 AM
Newly diagnosed cervical adenocarcinoma stage 1B

Newly diagnosed with stage 1B cervical cancer. My gyne/oncologist is recommending a radical hysterectomy. I am a newlywed (it will be 1 year in August) with no children. I have decided to get second opinions but am really scared! My mom died of cancer 1 1/2 years ago so I have just been praying that it has not spread in me. Has anyone out there had a radical hysterectomy? Any information about this would be appreciated.
[Edited by DHoover on 05-23-2000]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2000, 06:27 PM

You are in our prayers. I had cancer in its early stage and now it is gone. The radical hysterectomy is the way to go. I will hold your hand in my heart.

Unread 05-16-2000, 07:38 PM

My prayers will be with you as you and I will be thinking of you as you go thru all the necessary testing. I was dx back in January with stage 2b Endocervial Adenocarcincoma and will be having a radical next week. Since mine was not caught as early I had to also undergo a total 6 weeks of radiation. Keep us posted what you find out and certainly go for that second opinion. I have also read about people who had eggs removed and frozen prior to their hysterectomy(to use for surrogacy later on), but that can be costly and only if your doctor feels you have the time. Take care and give yourself plenty of time and space you need right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2000, 08:57 PM

I had the same thought about eggs as Scushway. But it is expensive. Still, newly wed and all, might be worth it. Second opinions are always good. I found my surgeon that way. A much better oncologist than my rather cool and distant gyne. It made a lot of difference to feel confident in his hands.

We'll be praying for you. Come any time and whine and complain, or say you're scared. We're a safe place to do that and we've been there.

<font color="FF6600">Trish 7/12/99 tah/bso, cancer<font color="000000">
<font color="9933FF">Check out my hystersister articles
at Kathy and Lauren's website:<font color="000000">
<A HREF="http://www.hormonejungle.com" TARGET=_blank><font color="009900">http://www.hormonejungle.com<font color="000000"></A>
[email protected]
Unread 05-17-2000, 09:48 PM

The egg harvesting is not an option, it would take too long and not really an option financially. Thanks for the input though!

Unread 05-18-2000, 05:32 AM

Thank goodness that they have caught this before it was too far gone! As for the children...there are many children out there who have no family and would love to be adopted! If it is not in your heart to adopt, then it was probably not meant to be. A lot of the women here have dogs, cats, or even both as their "babies." I think it all depends on what is in your heart. If you are having problems with this issue, you may want to visit the "Aching Hearts" board. I am sure that there are many women there who can relate to what you are feeling. Please let us know how you are doing and know that we are all here for you!! Take care of yourself!!! https://www.hystersisters.com/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

Cyd (TVH 10-22-99) https://www.hystersisters.com/lisagraphics/toon04.gif https://www.hystersisters.com/lisagraphics/smile21.gif
Unread 01-11-2002, 04:18 PM

Hi There! I'm new to this site and came across your message posted from 2000. Your message spoke to me as I too had only been married for a short time (2 years) when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. My diagnosis was stage 1 cervical cancer which required a radical hysterectomy. I was diagnosed in April of 1997 at the age of 27. My husband and I had planned on trying to start a family in August of 97. Needless to say the news was shocking and heartbreaking! At the time of diagnosis, some close friends of ours approached us with the offer of carrying a child for us if "surrogacy" was something we would ever consider. After a year of clean health, we began researching the possibility of surrogacy. After much contemplation and prayer, we began our surrogacy journey in October of 1998. With just one attempt (and 2 embryos), we became pregnant!! Today we are blessed to have our son, Andrew in our lives. He is 2 1/2 now and has brought so much joy to us!
I pray that all is well for you. I would love to hear from you. It's hard to find others to chat with who have gone through such a journey. I look forward to hearing from you!
Warmest Regards,
gluckie
Unread 01-11-2002, 04:54 PM

Hi Luckie!!
Welcome to HysterSisters!
I am so glad to hear your surgery was successful and you did not require any further treatment for your cancer. Thats wonderful.

And how blessed you are with that little darlin boy of yours. He is indeed very special, and I am sure the light of your life.

Luckie, I wanted to mention that I did a search and checked the last time that DHoover posted and it was July of 2000. If she had her settings set to receive email notifications when there were replies to her post, she should get your post. If she didn't have it set to receive notifications, and if you don't hear back from her you may wish to email her directly by clicking on the email button under her post. That will go right to the email address she had set up at the time.

All the best to you!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 01-12-2002, 12:18 PM

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your diagnoses. I had a total hysterectomy eight weeks ago for cervical adenocarcenoma stage 1A. It's all really scary!! I am 35. I would have liked a third child but feel really lucky that I've had two.

Harvesting your eggs as someone else suggested might be a good idea. It keeps your options open.

Somtimes people who want to preserve fertility have a cone biopsy rather than a hysterectomy. I am not sure if this is an option with Stage 1B but it might be worth investigating.

Another suggestion I have is to get a second opinion on the slides. The best pathologist is out of John Hopkins University. After my Leep procudure, the results came back that the margins were clear. My gyn sent the slides sent to Hopkins for a second opinion and the pathologist there said they were not clear.(The second one was right) The same thing happened with my pathology from the hyster. (This time the results were better than originally thought)

I hope I have not confused you! Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

-Denise
Unread 01-13-2002, 04:08 PM

I had a radical Hysterectomy in July for Cervical Adenocarcinoma. I am 38 and did not plan on having any more children so this was the way to go for me. When I went in for my pre-op with a Gynocological/oncologists she mentioned that there was a possibility of radiation every day for six weeks. I was also staged at 1B. I chose the hysterectomy since I did not plan on having any more children and knew it would take care of the cancer. Maybe radiation is an option. I strongly suggest making sure you have a doctor that specializes in Gyno and Oncology review your diagnosis.

Good Luck

Tracey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register