I posted my story for a lil history.......... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I posted my story for a lil history.......... I posted my story for a lil history..........

Unread 05-18-2004, 07:28 AM
I posted my story for a lil history..........

I had sex for the first time at the age of 16. I told my mom and we went to the gyno. My very first pap came back abnormal. Every pap that I have had has come back abnormal. They would call me back and then do the one were they take a small sample of the cervix. I got to were I would tell the dr when I first got in the room that the regular pap comes back bad. To go ahead and do both. It always hurt. Afterwards, when I got pregnant with my youngest. They did the pap and it came back bad. They looked at my cervix with the vinger solution. It showed nothing. Three drs and 2 years later I have found a dr that had done a colpo and a LEEP. Then on the first check up it came back bad again. Now he is not wanting to waste any time. He believes that the cancer is in my glands right above the cervix and is just now making the cerical cells turn squamous. But the glands he believes have been that way for some time. That is why I am worried. If I have had bad paps for 10 years then it could be advancing faster now than it would be if they had caught it at a younger age. Thanx...................................

Ps he thinks that I have adenomyosis also........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2004, 09:09 AM

s

I am so sorry to hear of your story,

Is your newest doctor a gyn/onc? If not you should see if he would refer you to one. They would be better able to handle your situation.

Your cervix is made up of two types of cells Squamous which is on the outer portion of the cervix and glandular (adeno) cells which are higher up in the cervix. The glandular cells are usually missed on most paps. (believe me I know) this is my story:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=79304

I wish you the best of luck in what ever you decide to do, and I will that they have caught it early enough.

God Bless
Unread 05-18-2004, 08:48 PM

Dear Taylea,
I just wanted to add a for you and tell you that I am wishing you the very best.
=empresse

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register