Dull pain vs. Severe | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dull pain vs. Severe Dull pain vs. Severe

Unread 05-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Dull pain vs. Severe

I'm curious whether anyone else experiences this - throughout the month, pain on the right side for a while, then pain on the left, with cramps off and on all month. The pain is not severe, just uncomfortable and annoying. I'm not sure what's causing this. I thought it might be from ovulating, but it's on both sides combined with cramps and is fairly constant throughout the month.

Haven't really mentioned this to my doctor - it doesn't seem all that significant vs. other things going on. But I am curious about what may be causing it.

Any thoughts??

Searchgal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Dull pain vs. Severe

Hi,

I didn't have anything like that but I think that you should consider calling and telling your dr about it. Since it's consistent, it really might be a good idea to try to learn what's causing it. Better to err on the side of caution, IMO.

s
Unread 05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Dull pain vs. Severe

searchgal, I have had the same pain for about 2 years. Finally back in June/July I found an OB/GYN that actually wanted to get to the root of it! Mine was doubling pain and the cramps felt like labor (not sure how old you are so, I don't know you would know how that feels.) Finally we did a laparscopy and he found endometriosis. The pain has been chronic ever since and gotten worse, so, in Dec/Jan I decided it was time for the Hysterectomy as I can't bear to live like this anymore. Don't mean to scare you, but, yes I think you should see your doctor. It could just be cramps and ovulation, which I've heard some women do feel.

Hope you find some answers soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Dull pain vs. Severe

I also have pain, sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left.. and have endometriosis. I am usually "uncomfortable", but in pain at other times. Mention it to your doctor for sure. Half the time doctors treat us like we are nutso to begin with anyway...so go ahead and get started trying to get to the bottom of it, so that you wont have to suffer more through all the crappy treatments that dont work! I know that sounds sarcastic, and I'm sorry for that, but it makes you, after awhile of being in pain, trying to get help... you just begin to feel like
Unread 05-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Dull pain vs. Severe

I had severe pain on my right side during my period, and then it began to be before and after my period too. Sometimes it was just a heaviness, just uncomfortable. Every once in a while I would have pain on the left side. I dealt with this pain for 4-5 years, it just gradually became worse and worse. I finally decided to change doctors, as my last doctor informed me it must be something gastrointestinal, even though she had done an ultrasound a few years before and told me I had a cyst -- seems as if she forgot. My new doctor got right to the bottom of it....IMMEDIATELY! I went to her in March and had surgery in April for a tennis ball sized mass attached to my right ovary....which turned out to be an endometrioma (a blood filled cyst) and I also had a second smaller cyst.

I suggest you DO mention this to your doctor, and if you don't get the right treatment -- CHANGE doctors. I'm so glad I finally went to someone else.

I hope you get to the bottom of your pain and feel better soon!
Unread 05-19-2004, 01:04 AM
Dull pain vs. Severe

**I suggest you DO mention this to your doctor, and if you don't get the right treatment -- CHANGE doctors. I'm so glad I finally went to someone else.**

I just have to say DITTO and AMEN to this comment!! Jaycie is sooooo right... I know that changing doctors is sometimes a difficult thing to do..... emotionally speaking.... but if you are not getting the answers/ treatment that is acceptable to you... don't wait.......and SUFFER like I did.. make the change. It could be the best thing you do for your health !
Unread 05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Dull pain vs. Severe

Thanks to all who responded. I will talk to my doctor about this. He's really quite good and doesn't believe in living with pain if it's something he can fix. Can't blame him since I haven't really shared this with him.

Will do so, now that I know it's not all in my mind!

Searchgal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register