Pre-op today made me happy and sad - just another emotional roller coaster ride | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op today made me happy and sad - just another emotional roller coaster ride Pre-op today made me happy and sad - just another emotional roller coaster ride

Unread 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Pre-op today made me happy and sad - just another emotional roller coaster ride

Hi,

First of all I don't know what I'd do without this site. I think I'm addicted (in a good way).

I went for my pre-op today at my doc's office. I had to sign my life away and could feel myself getting teary but I talked myself out of it. I went over my whole list of questions and the doc was relativly patient with my questions. The good news is I'll have no bowel prep!! I was very excited about that one.

On the way out, I saw 2 or 3 hugely pregnant women in the office waiting for their appointments. This really set me off. It's a crazy thought, but I couldn't help wondering to myself why are their uteruses working fine and mine is on it's way out? The weird thing is I've been blessed with 2 children, my DH and I decided long ago not to have anymore so that isn't even the issue. I don't know why I'm so attached to my uterus when all it does is cause pain and tiredness. I know I'm ready for this surgery but it's little things like this that set me off. Any other ladies out there feel this way too?

Thanks for listening. I always feel better when I write it all out.

Ann Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2004, 11:28 AM

They should have separate waiting rooms or something, dont ya think? I don't have any children and my husband and are good with that but sometimes when you see the pregnant women in the waiting room it hurts maybe its because we are losing our choice to have or not to have any children. I just hope they don't put me in a hospital room in the materinity ward, do they do that?
Unread 05-19-2004, 11:46 AM

I know what you mean. The day before my surgery, my DH turns whispers to me "Wanna make another one right quick?" I had felt that I was completely ready for this (blessed with four kids), UNTIL he said that!!! The reality of the finality hit me hard. Doubt just flooded my head so bad for a few minutes.

Then, I remembered the reasons why I decided to do this--mainly, I don't think I could carry another baby without a lot of problems, plus the fact that all my pregnancies (as wonderful as they were) only made my adeno worse. I could've knocked the crap out of him--I was suddenly so mad.........

But I haven't looked back since--my quality of life is soooo much better now, and I'm only 3 weeks post-op. You may have your doubts, I honestly think that's normal. Make sure you are emotionally ready for this--be sure that you are in control. Discuss all your concerns with your doc, with us, with anyone who will listen and care. Mostly, discuss this with yourself. You are very brave and I hope you have as good an experience as I have had. God bless you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register