up long enough for a movie?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

up long enough for a movie?? up long enough for a movie??

Unread 05-19-2004, 05:18 PM
up long enough for a movie??

Ok, I know this sounds really horrifically stupid and nerdy, but....

I'm have a TVH (leaving ovaries) on June 2. Is there any chance at all I'll feel up to going to the movies by June 4? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is opening, and I hate that I'll have to miss seeing it w/ my boys. There going to opening night, no matter what, I've already arranged for a friend to come sit with me so they can go with their dad.

But I'd really like to go. Any chance at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2004, 05:43 PM

Whew! A movie 2 days later?? I was definitely not up to it after my TVH but everyone is different. I was in the castle for 2 nights and didn't even get home until 4:30 in the evening when I did come home, but that was because I couldn't pee and ended up coming home with a catheter. I guess ultimately it's your decision but I really didn't start feeling human until about 6 days post op.

Nora - TVH (kept ovaries) and bladder sling procedure
Unread 05-19-2004, 06:08 PM

That's sort of what I figured, but a girl can hope, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Up for a movie

Don't feel bad. I admit I am supposed to have a tah on Friday and was wondering how to scam my family into helping me drag myself to Harry Potter. Let's face it if anything can distract us from pain and suffering it is a little fantasy and magic.
If worst comes to worst you will see it when you feel better and just think no movie theater full of screaming children and no gum under the seat.
Good luck and hope you feel good fast.
Unread 05-19-2004, 06:20 PM

Hi,

I doubt you'll be up to it, especially as sitting is an activity which should be limited to 15 to 20 minutes the first couple of weeks, as it puts a lot of pressure on your internal healing sutures (of which you'll have hundreds.)

In addition, this surgery comes with the most draining post-op fatigue! Just taking a shower can wipe you out. That and the lingering effects of the anesthesia may make you unable to concentrate or focus on what's going on in the movie anyway.

I know you wouldn't wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize your healing, so I would say skip the movie this time, at least until your further along in recovery - say 3 to 4 weeks.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 05-19-2004, 07:29 PM

Hi----

I went to the movies on day 11 after my TAH but thats all I did. We went straight to the movies and then straight home. Then straight to bed I had no problems
I had been an excellent patient up until that point and did absolutely nothing but lay in bed. Oh except for lay on the couch. Good luck------kangaa
Unread 05-19-2004, 11:37 PM

jerilp - you're not the only one who is thinking about Harry Potter! I'm scheduled for Friday, May28 for an abdominal hysterectomy, and I know I won't be up for the June4 opening. My DH has said he'll wait & go with me whenever I can. But I am also disappointed that I'll miss it! I would have loved to have seen it on the day it opens.

Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register