Help I have a question... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I have a question... Help I have a question...

Unread 05-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Help I have a question...

Taylea----I can't really advise you on what to do. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and the hard decision you are faced with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 11:15 AM

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry you are facing this! I feel this is a decision only you and your husband can make. Just know whatever your decision is you have support here!! Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Michelle
Unread 05-22-2004, 11:55 AM

Taylea:

Speak with a high-risk perinatologist; if they can, in fact, do a cone procedure, they could potentially put in a cerclage, which is a stitch holding the cervix closed. It does mean bedrest for the duration of the pregnancy, but it does NOT make this pregnancy impossible. I know that you don't exactly have the luxury of time to work this out, but I'd definitely ask about the possibility of having a perinatologist there to put in a cerclage at the time of the cone.

You said that your doctor "consulted" with the oncologist. Were you able to speak with the oncologist as well? You have every right to insist on being seen by this oncologist yourself, having a frank discussion of your options along with your husband. After all, these decisions affect him too. My DH went along for all my appointments, which I found quite helpful (not least because one of my oncologists was an officious jerk who only talked with him -- oh well, he was a good surgeon, just not a nice human being).

(((Taylea))), my prayers continue to be with you as you head into this uncharted territory...

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 12:19 PM

Hi Taylea,

Hang in there, and know there are lots of people that are praying for you. I agree with everyone else, see a gyn/onc...get a second opinion. One of my co-workers has a sister in law that was pregnant when she found out she had cervical ca....the baby was carried to term, and that has been 6-7 years ago and the mother is still enjoying her child.

You're in my prayers...........
Unread 05-22-2004, 01:00 PM

Oh Taylea, I have no answers for you, only that I am sorry. I do think you will pray and talk with your doctors and come up with the right decision. I am so sorry you have to deal with this at this time. You are in my prayers.

Unread 05-22-2004, 01:16 PM

Taylea,

I have been praying for you all day since I read your post this morning. All the other "sisters" have said things so well that there's not much left to say. A second opinion sounds like a wonderful idea. I see you are in Mobile - I'm in Huntsville - wish I could have you and your husband over for dinner. Just know my heart goes out to you and we will all be here for support.
Unread 05-22-2004, 03:35 PM

((hugs)) to you.
Unread 05-22-2004, 03:43 PM

Hi,

I am sorry you are faced with surgery. I would try to get other opinions. I also have heard of someone as yourself go through with the pregnancy and all went fine.

I will pray for you , miracles do happen , and maybe there is one for you.

I know every individual case is different . I am hoping it possible for you to keep your baby.

Bless you

s
Unread 05-22-2004, 04:52 PM

I was faced with a simular situation sweetie..Very hard indeed. I am against abortion as well but had no choice but to have one. Neither my baby or I would have lived. Even knowing that, all the way to the operating room I cried..it was the hardest thing I ever faced or will face again. I was 22 years old , if your cancer is high grade, although hard to concider, concider the surgery. I ended up never having a child of my body but adopted two wonderful babies that are of my heart. They are just as much mine as if I did carry them in my belly. This is something that you have to talk over with your DH and doctors. And also with your own heart..My prayers are with you..I know what you are going through..
Unread 05-22-2004, 06:36 PM
pg

My heart goes out to you...
The only thing I can say is get lots of opinions...
second third fourth...whatever it takes. Your doctor SHOULD ALWAYS BE HONEST WITH YOU AS TO HOW SEVERE THINGS ARE!!!
I don't know your whole history, nor can I give medical advice....but please, please, please....talk to as many professionals as you are able to withsatnd. I know this is such a private matter, with morality and ethics coming into play, but you need the advice of proffesionals, (docs, clergy, counsel,etc) and your loved ones.
I hope this is your final tribulation before a lifetime of pain free happiness!
LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register