Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cone biopsy revealed cancer.  Talk to me! Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me!

Unread 05-22-2004, 07:11 AM
cone revealed more treament needed

I have just received a letter in the post stating that my cone biopsy reveals i need further treatment and the best course is a probably hysterectomy. Im so angry scared etc how can they do this to me a letter in the post...no one to talk it through with me no one to tell me whats happening...i dont even know the daignosis....im a single mum with 2 young kids of 10 and 8 so have to keep it together for their sakes. I have a great family around me my brother has taken control he phoned the hospital and ive already had the hospital manager phone me to apologise for the way ive been told. But that doesnt help my situtation now i have to live with the fear of the unknown till monday when i can talk to my gynacologist. I keep looking at my kids and wondering how will they cope without me if the worst happens...then i pull myself together and become more positive momentarily...i feel like im an emotional roller coaster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me!

Dear Laughing Angel,

I know how scared and worried you must be and it is wrong for you to get news like that in such a heartless way, when you cannot ask questions. I hope you and your Dr come up with a good treament plan on Monday. Please come back and lets us know, You will find much support on this board
Unread 05-22-2004, 11:48 AM

Laughing Angel,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation--and the way you were informed !--but know that you'll be kept in thought and prayer.

Let us know what you and your DR decide upon.

Blessings.
Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 07:42 PM

Further treatment after a cone might just mean that there was precancer with unclear margins. I would not jump to the worst. Cervical cancer is usually very slow growing. My children were 3 and 6 when I was diagnosed. They are now 6 and 9 and I have been well. I know how scary it can be.
Unread 05-23-2004, 12:14 PM
thankyou

Knew i could rely on my hyster sisters to make me feel better....im much better today my frame of mind has improved and im more positive again....Im going to phone the gynae unit in the morning to demand some answers....Ive had an apology from the hopitals duty manager for the way ive been treated....she was shocked to hear that at no point after any of my investigations have been sat down and told whats wrong....i havent even been told i have suspicous cells...no smear test result nothing...you would think in this day and age this sort of thing wouldnt happen anymore.....anyway no time for anger now need to concentrate on my children and myself and stay strong for them whatever....thankyou so much again and will post tomorrow when i have some more answers...good luck to you all and take lots of care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
update

It has been confirmed i have cancer.....I have an appt later today with the gynae to findout how bad it is and what treatments...so far ive been told hysterectomy and chemo and that has so freaked me out....cant believe its happening...i had a clear biopsy 2yrs ago and no follow up treatment necessary so how has it all happened so fast? i thought cervical cancer was slow growing....my periods only changed at xmas but ive had bleeding after intercourse for the past 2yrs now i cant help thinking that 2yrs agon they made a mistake...its 4am now and i just cant sleep want today to be over with so i know where im at i got off to sleep but woke up in a sweat hoping thats not bad news either...just need something positive now to hang onto....
Unread 05-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Laughingangel,

I'm so sorry that you are suffering with this right now. It is horrible when you can't sleep and turn things over and over in your mind. Did the doctor give you any information on stage or anything like that? Early stage cervical cancers are very treatable. Just try to focus on that if you can. There are loads of women who've had cervical cancers here and are doing just fine. Try to get some sleep to help your body fight this off, and please do let us know when you get more information.

You're in my thoughts. Another for you!

Beth
Unread 05-27-2004, 09:39 AM

Laughingangel,

Have you had your appointment yet?

Beth
Unread 05-27-2004, 03:44 PM

laughingangel

I hope your appt went okay, and that all your questions were answered. I do hope that they caught it early.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask that is why we are here.

God Bless
Unread 05-27-2004, 05:16 PM

(((Laughingangel))) If you have not spoken with a gyn/onc yet please do so as they are the experts in this field. Please let us know how you are doing. I am keeping you in prayer.
s and blessings, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register