Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cone biopsy revealed cancer.  Talk to me! Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me!

Unread 05-27-2004, 05:24 PM
im home :-)

And all went great...yes i have cancer but its in the early stages and treatable have to have a big op...cant remember the name of the hysterectomy now but i will have a vertical scar as he has to take the lymph nodes from my stomach....but guess what no chemo....i know its still serious but i feel like dancing around the room...i laughed and cried in the hospital im sure my consultant thinks im mad....dont care whats ahead of me now i will cope with it as i know now im going to live for my children. The op will be within the next 3wks so not long to wait.

Thankyou so much for your support just hope i can do the same for others too...this is such a great site

Big hugs to everyone

xxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Cone biopsy revealed cancer. Talk to me!

s laughingangel

Please consider getting a second opinion from a gyn oncology doctor. They are the experts when it comes to gyn cancers.
Best wishes.

karenann
Unread 05-28-2004, 11:20 AM

Dear Laughingangel - (I love that name)

I'm sorry for your cancer diagnosis but so happy to hear that you're adjusting so well to it! Believe me, that's half the battle. I can't emphasize how important a positive attitude is!

I was diagnosed 01/29/94 with endometrial cancer and had my surgery on 03/03/04. It was Grade II, Stage IIa, but 23 lymph nodes were clear and the pelvic wash was also negative. Today I finished my last radiation treatment (for preventative measures)!! I must tell you the surgery and radiation were a lot easier than I anticipated.

The coolest thing happened today after my last radiation treatment. I relayed the story to the radiation secretary about how disillusioned I had been with my old gyn and had not been to him in 15 months. I had been having just a small amount of very light pink on toilet tissue after urinating. I never gave it a thought since it was so light.

Last December I heard an ad by a new gynocologist in my area and I decided that I could go to her because her voice was just so comforting and kind. I took down the number but didn't call. A week later I heard the ad again and this time called. She was the one who found the cancer. I have never again heard the commercial!! The radiation secretary and I discussed how we both felt that loved ones watch over us from above. I truly feel that my Mom (deceased) is watching over me and did what she could to nudge me to go for treatment.

After finishing the story to the radiation secretary I stopped to pick up fish and chips for lunch and got there a minute or two before they opened. There were no other customers. I picked up my order and walked back to my car and there on the ground next to my car door were 2 pennies!! The pennies were not there when I got out of my car and no other cars or people were anywhere nearby.

My cousin and I treasure a poem about pennies from heaven that are sent to us when those in heaven are thinking of us. I picked up the pennies and looked upward and said "thank you." I truly believe my Mom was saying, "You're okay, kid. I'm watching over you." I was in tears (happy ones) most of the way home. Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM
wow

what a fantastic story carol im so pleased everything turned out good for you :-)

I have a similar story in a way...i would never have gone to the doctors with my symptons as id been 2yrs previously had a biopsy and was given the all clear told it was due to something like a weak vein in my cervix so i ignored the continuing and worsening symptons over that time. Then oneday out of the blue i got a letter in the post saying my smear test showed abnormal cells but i hadnt had a smear test..i kept telling them theyd made a mistake..but they said in the end if i didnt come and have another smear test they would take me off their books so thats why i went and had this discovered....i feel like i have a guardian angel....but ofcourse there is a negative here...whos smear test result did i get? and have they since found out they have a problem i have told the doctors in no uncertain terms they need to get this sorted out!!
Unread 05-28-2004, 01:28 PM

Wow - your story gives the chills! Hopefully, the other person also got their letter. Albert Einstein said "there are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." I prefer to live the later. I'm sure your guardian angels will continue to watch over you. My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register