Question about ultrasound finding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about ultrasound finding Question about ultrasound finding

Unread 05-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Question about ultrasound finding

Hello everyone,
Just a quick question about an on-going breast problem with cysts. I do have hyperplasia from a previous breast biopsy and take vivelle-dot.
Went back for a follow up on some lesions or cysts they are looking at. This time one is a lot bigger with "internal echoes"? Also a new one in left breast with scattered internal echoes. They do not shadow but want me to go back to breast surgeon. (BI-RADS 3)
I know I shouldn't be trying to read the report myself but I have had a lot of left arm pain, sort of like a pulled muscle.
Can anyone tell me if they have had this same kind of thing? It seems like they are constantly doing ultrasounds on me and say they have to keep a close watch.
Any help will be so appreciated.
KimberleyS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 12:25 PM

Hi Kimberley,

Wish I could help you out with some info, and maybe there are some ladies that can shed a little more insight to your problem. Are the cysts solid? I don't know why your arm would be hurting. Did you have a mammogram? Sometimes with the position and the way I have to stand, it will pull my arm.

Hang in there, I know someone will come along more info than me. Just wanted you to know that I'm concerned. You're in my prayers.
Unread 05-22-2004, 05:05 PM

(((Kimberley))) is it cysts or calcifications you have? Can you feel a lump? What type of hyperplasia do you have? The different types have very different risks associated with them.

There is a ton of great information on breast issues in the breast cancer section of our Resource Links directory. If you click on Resources at the top of this page, and then scroll down and click on Cancer - Breast, you'll find them.

What does your DR say about the report? Please make sure your DRs are answering your questions all along the way here. The whole process of diagnosis is a scary one which doesn't need to be. Most times the things they are watching turn out to be benign, but sometimes DRs don't do a good job of communicating this to their patients.

I hope everything is A-OK and they are just taking precautions.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2004, 03:43 PM

Hi Kimberley!
First of all, I want to send you a big I had early breast cancer 9 years ago and just had a biopsy on the other breast for a 1.2 cm nodule. (Found out Friday it's not cancer.)

Can you get a mamogram? My Dr. tried to do an ultrasound biopsy and couldn't find the nodule. He told me that mamograms show these type of things much better than an ultrasound. The Dr. that did the biopsy also told me that mamograms can be better than ultrasounds.

I was also told that 80% of these things are not cancer, so the odds are certinally with you!

Best wishes and lots of luck.
Unread 05-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Report from doctor on complex cysts

Thanks everyone for your responses. I went to my breast surgeon yesterday and she felt like they were complex cysts by looking at the ultrasound images, but she did not want to aspirate them unless they were very sore to me. She told me to go back next Feb. for my yearly mammo. and ultrasound them again.
I thought you were supposed to have them aspirated to make totally sure they are complex cysts (especially when there is debris in it) but I just am going to go with what she said I guess. She said she could usually tell whether a complex cyst may be cancer. I think I'm tired of thinking about it due to the fact I have hyperplasia and take estrogen. I probably am just worrying too much. I know the chance of finding cancer in complex cysts are extremely low.
Thanks for all your prayers and just thinking of me. I appreciate it.
Kim
Unread 05-25-2004, 04:25 PM

As long as your mind is at peace, thats what matters. Just keep going for the follow-ups and keep doing the self breast exams.

I'm a chronic worrier, and that doesn't help matters. If only we didn't worry so much.............

Good luck!
Unread 05-26-2004, 01:19 PM

Where was the larger cysts located? If it is in the left breast then that is where the left arm pain is coming from. You have breast tissue in your armpit and that is why when you have a breast exam it should be checked also.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register