yeast that wont go away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yeast that wont go away yeast that wont go away

Unread 05-22-2004, 06:55 PM
yeast that wont go away

Hi all! I have been reading and rading and maybe not finding. So I hope you all can help me. I am 9mo post op from my TAH. I have been having re-ocurring yeats infection on a monthly basis. I have had them swab and each time it was one. I also have had many "ODD" infections and had to be on several antibiotics. When tho I am not on an antibiotic I am still getting yeast infection. I have done monistat and have become algeric to it now. I have also done several rounds of diflucan and still not getting relife. Any Ideas???? Very fustrated....
Janeen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 07:24 PM
yeast that wont go away

Hi!
I am 5 1/2 months post op. At 2 months post op, I started having yeast infections every month. I used monistat every month. I would get a yeast infection every month. I still do. I went to see my DR this past Tuesday. He said I did not have a yeast infection. He said that I have a bacterial infection. He gave me Metro-gel. I have to use it for two weeks , twice a day. He said the reason that I am having these things every month, is that my PH is off. He said my hormones are still screwed up. He also gave me acidgel. I have to use it once a month, when I "FEEL" the infection coming on. I hope this will help.
I hope you get straightened out too.
Take care.
Unread 05-22-2004, 07:27 PM
yeast that wont go away

Beanie, when I was younger, I used to get recurring yeast infections. After a while, antibiotics really goof up the natural bacteria in your system. I added one serving of yogurt to my daily diet and have not had one in at least 20 years.

Yogurt cultures are so good for you--it might help straighten out your system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
yeast that wont go away

Hi girls,

I have suffered from yeast infections also. My dr prescribed boric acid suppotories(sp?). You have to go to a compound pharmicist. They work wonders!! I suffered for 11 years and now I might have one every 3 months. You just insert one at night before bed and by the next morning you can tell a big difference. The girls I've told so far have also come to love them.

Something you might want to ask your dr about.

Erica
Unread 05-22-2004, 08:44 PM
yeast that wont go away

(((Janeen))) sorry you're having trouble with the dreaded yeastie beasties. Here are some resources you might check out for some helpful information:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=97122

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=124191

Plus there are nine links to helpful yeast infection articles in our Resource Links directory in the Post Op section:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=1

Just wondering... do you use any vaginal estrogen? I realize from your survey answers that you had your hyst for cancer and are not on HRT, but many oncologists will approve the use of a very low dose estrogen vaginally only, such as Estring or Vagifem. Low estrogen levels in the vagina can make the tissues very susceptible to yeast infections, so sometimes adding a touch of estrogen makes a difference.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-22-2004, 08:55 PM
yeast that wont go away

Wow,

I was just getting ready to post about this EXACT thing. I haven't been here for a few months but I am having this same problem. I had my hyster 6 months ago but it seems like I have a constant infection. It seems that after being intimate w/my dh a few times a week, I get an infection really fast. Then I fight with it for the next several weeks. I was wondering if anyone knew if alchol has a play in this. My dh has a few to drink beer wise everynite and I was thinking maybe cause there is yeast in the beer that maybe it was transferring to me. Is that possible? I am not sure, but this is weird thinking I was going to post about this subject and then here it is.
So thank againf ro writing out what I am having the same issues with. Good to know I am not the only one suffering from this, Heidi
Unread 05-22-2004, 09:24 PM
yeast that wont go away

hi there:
just recently came out of a very nasty yeastie...oh boy was that tough. I have done several things to help. I am now taking acidopholis orally. My dr put me on diflucan along with the ointment internally and then aveeno baths for the itching. Oh boy was that soothing. You have in inbalance in system when your on anitibiotics it kills off the good stuff. So getting on acidopholis orally will help. There are other ointments that are not in monistat. I have tried the homeopathic ones. Plus do read those articles they are helpful.
a big to you all!
teresa
Unread 05-22-2004, 11:32 PM
yeast that wont go away

You can also insert an acidophillous (sp?) pill right into your vagina at night before you go to bed, it works to help restore some of the GOOD bacteria you need. good luck!!
Unread 05-23-2004, 06:36 AM
the only thing that works for me

Hello ladies, i have tried everything under the sun for my yeast infections. the only thing that has ever worked is a perscription called terazol. it is a cream like monastat, but like I said it has to be perscribed by a doc. It is a miracle for me, the only thing that has ever worked for me. Ask your gyn for it, believe me, if it worked for me hopefully it will work for you. god bless, baily
Unread 05-23-2004, 06:48 AM
yeast that wont go away

I had lots of trouble with yeast infections when I was a teen because I took 4 tetracycline a day for over a year to clear up acne. Of course, now, anytime I take an antibiotic I get a yeast infection. Monitstat 7 never worked for me at all. The Diflucan seems to be okay at this point, but I can't let things get too bad before I take it. Terazol is great for me as well. I've had great success with that even though it's a cream and has to be applied every night for a week.

--RamonaD
4/5 left ovary removed; 6/7 LSH scheduled for fibroid colony and other assorted miseries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register