Need some prayers...very worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some prayers...very worried Need some prayers...very worried

Unread 05-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Need some prayers...very worried

I had a hyst. last June for uterine and cervical cancer. I did the five weeks external radiation and the three days of internal radiation. I finished the radiation in September. My three month checkup was good except that the bloodwork showed that my liver enzymes were a little high. Doctor said they would check the bloodwork again at my six month checkup. I had my six month checkup last week and the bloodwork showed the liver enzymes to have risen a bit higher. Doctor thought we should do some investigation to find out why. I had blood work done to test for hepatitis and HIV as they will raise the enzyme level. Won't hear back from those for another week. I also had an ultra sound done on the abdomen as gall bladder can also raise the enzymes. The ultra sound showed a large mass on the liver. Imaging Doctor said she didn't know what the mass was. She is calling my doctor to have a biopsy done on the liver. This was a total surprise as I have been fairly healthy and had no symptoms. I am praying that it will be ok but after going through all the previous problems I am really worried. Has anyone had a mass on the liver show up? I really don't know much about it. I am also going to a plastic surgeon next week to have a skin cancer removed from my finger. You wonder how a person can look healthy and feel ok and the problems still keep coming. I really depended on the sisters for their kind thoughts and help this time last year and am hoping that someone can shed some light on what is going on. Thanks for being there. I have great family support but try not to dwell on my problems with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 10:30 PM

maggieb, I haven't had the problems that you are experiencing, but I read your post and just wanted you to know that I am hoping and praying that all will be well with you.
Unread 05-23-2004, 09:09 AM

s Maggie

Just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Continue to try and stay calm until you know what you are dealing with. Hopefully it will be nothing.
I'm so sorry you have been thrown back into this time of uncertainty.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2004, 09:20 AM

Hi Maggie,

I am praying for you that the mass is something non threatening and easily taken care of. My sister in law had a hyst last summer for a huge mass in her ovary that they feared was cancer, but it turned out to be benign. Two months ago she discovered a hard mass that she could feel in her abdomen and a scan showed it to be on her liver. She was very scared, but it also turned out to be benign. The Dr thinks the mass was formed by a reaction to a medication she was taking.( a type of estrogen) All the medication we take, chemicals we are exposed to are first metabolized by the liver and her Dr. told her that many medication can cause liver damage and symptoms. Some things that cause no reaction for some people can be quite toxic for others.
She has stopped taking the medcation and the mass is already disappearing. I hope you get some answers soon that bring relief.
Unread 05-23-2004, 11:17 AM

Maggie,

I second Debbie's wish that this will turn out to be something completely benign. Medications can really play havoc--solving one problem and creating five more.

You'll be in my prayers.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 05-23-2004, 12:26 PM

Maggie.
Hi! Hang in there...keep moving forward and through this next hurdle. I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have been there, this time last year to be exact. A PET scan showed a lesion in my liver and I had 2 liver biopsies (the 1st did not have enough cells for them to run some extra tests they wanted to do to see if the tumor could be treated with a "designer" drug). Anyway, the lesion was unfortunately metastatic cancer from the original cancer I had in 2001. I had a right lobe liver resection done last August and I am still here to tell the tale!!!!!

On of the wonderful things about the liver is that if you have to have a portion of it removed, IT GROWS BACK!!! No kidding! I actually had a portal vein embolization a month before the surgery as the remaining portion of my liver would not have been able to sustain my life. So, they fooled my liver by cutting off the blood supply to the portion to be removed which stimulated the "good" portion to grow and wha-la, more good liver tissue grew and I came through surgery very well!
Unread 05-23-2004, 06:39 PM

Hi, Maggie. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing and I, too, hope everything will turn out o.k. for you.

The one thought I had while reading your post was, "isn't it great that Maggie's seeing her doctor (like you're supposed to do)." As you say, you're feeling fine, and unless you were going to your doctor, this wouldn't have been detected.

Sounds like you're in good hands. Let us know how you're doing.

Best,
Unread 05-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Thank you so much

I really appreciate your comments. It is comforting to know that others understand what you are going through. I will post again when I find out what is going on. Thanks again for your prayers and support.
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Prayers are with you ...

You asked for prayers so I have been praying for you. I did have a curious question on your e-mail you reported skin cancer. I too had skin cancer it was squamous cell called Bowen's Disease. I was just curious what kind of skin cancer you were having removed. I always wondered if the two were conected. My thoughts are with you and hope for good health to go with your healthy looks.
Unread 05-26-2004, 01:04 PM

Hi, Maggie.

There is a school of thought that says that many cancers start because of a liver problem. I'm not personally sure whether this is true or not, but both of the nutritionists that I've been working with strongly encourage digestive enzymes -- three times per day, half-an-hour before eating. I always forget, but I try to remember as much as I can.

I'm not sure whether this would help in your case or not, but I just wanted to throw it out there. Liver health is really important, and I believe there are liver cleanse programs that people can do that are also helpful.

I have a small cyst on my liver that shows up in the CT scans. It's just sitting there, so no one really cares. Maybe the biopsy will show nothing!

Please keep us posted. We're all thinking about you! s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register