pelvic mass is a tumor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pelvic mass is a tumor pelvic mass is a tumor

Unread 05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
pelvic mass is a tumor

Hi everyone, I posted recenty on Road Less Traveled about a mass we hoped was scar tissue. I am just home from the hospital; after a fice hour surgery and 3 days in ICU and one in a room on a regular floor. Unfortunately it was a tumor, probably from a few missed cells from the batch of cells that caused the hyst. in the first place. They came back from the lab with the description, "accelerated activity, unknown malignant potential". At the time all indications were that they were contained in the uterus. My gyn/onc is very sure that I will be fine after radiation. This helps a lot. In the mean time it's hot flashes and healing. I need to go rest now but I'll be here for info and help. Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
pelvic mass is a tumor

Welcome, Artbyfry! You've found a great forum here with lots of really awesome women. I hope you're well on your way to full recovery from your surgery. Rest up and take care of yourself.

I, too, have had radiation therapy. Depending on the side effects you experience, it can be a little tough, but it's certainy doable. I'm sure you'll not start the radiation until after you're healed up from the surgery.

Anyway, let us know how you're doing.
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:56 PM
pelvic mass is a tumor

Hi Artbyfry,

I am sorry to hear about the mass, but good that it was found.
I was also told ahfter my hyst that they had gotten all the cancer, but 6 weeks later during an emergency surgery for a kinked intestine more cancer was found. This made the Dr's know I needed chemo. I am doing fine now! Many women on this board are doing great after radiation and you will be too. Rest and recover and come here often
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 02:38 PM
pelvic mass is a tumor

Hi there!
About 9 years ago I had radiation therapy for an early breast cancer. I want to encourage you and let you know that you can get through it.

I would also encourage you to listen to your body during treatment. If you become tired, cut back on things and rest. Although I became very tired the second half of my treatment, I continued to work full time. I should have listened to my body and cut down on the work. As has been mentioned on this site before, you only have one chance to heal and you deserve the time to do it.

Best wishes and lots of
Unread 05-27-2004, 12:24 AM
pelvic mass is a tumor

Hi Artbyfry,

Iwas following your posts on the other forum. I just wanted to send you (((HUGS))) and wish you allthe best on your road to recovery!It's to let yourself heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register