Had appointment with gyn today--some concerns - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had appointment with gyn today--some concerns Had appointment with gyn today--some concerns

Unread 05-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Had appointment with gyn today--some concerns

This will never be over, but we know what we're dealing with..and we know what we have to do to keep it under control (getting checked frequently!). I will pray for you jeanine!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 06:25 PM

Jeanine,

I was so sorry to read your disappoonting news. I guess we will never be out of the woods. I pray it is not cancer, but at least whatever it is has been caught early. I hope you enjoy your vacation, just deal with ot all when you return.
Unread 05-25-2004, 06:56 PM

I wish you could have gotton better news before your vacation but try to enjoy it and when you get back do whatever needs to be done. Your right on top of things so whatever it is you are checking it out early.

Take one day at a time

Sending you s s s and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 07:23 PM

Ooohh, Jeanine, I'm so sorry to hear the poopy news! That stinks!! (Just changed Isabel and have poop on my mind and in my nose...)

I was thinking, though, Thank God you didn't get moved to semi-annual visits before this! Otherwise, it would have been another three months or so before they saw what was going on.

Oh, but I can identify with you. We have this "cancer thing" in our face every day. Even when we don't want to think about it, up it pops. Sometimes I look at other women who are out and about, seemingly, without a care in the world and I wonder why this was my "lot". It is a tough road. You know, I'm just out about 14 months from my surgery and the other day my dh and I were talking. Now, I certainly don't sit and dwell in negativity, and I don't go around thinking "poor me", either. But for the first time, I told him how hard these last 14 months have been. I think I do a pretty good job of communicating with dh, but I think I surprised myself. I try to put up a good 'front'. Oh, who knows?! I guess I'm just super glad that I have you ladies to walk through all these things with me.

God bless. Let us know how you're doing.
Unread 05-25-2004, 08:23 PM

BIG HUG!!!!!!!!! From GA to IN, to my Hoosier Sister, just take care and try to have fun on vacation. Yeah, I know, been there and bought the tee shirt, didn't need this right now.
Unread 05-25-2004, 08:27 PM

Jeanine,
I am sorry you got this news! I am praying for you and hope that your vacation will still be relaxing and fun! It sounds like your doctor has caught whatever it is early. Take care and TRY not to worry...

Rhonda
Unread 05-25-2004, 09:41 PM

Dear Jeanine:

Reading your post made me very sad. I feel so bad for you. Please know that I will place you on my prayer list. I'm sending you lots of HUGS. Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug, Hug.

Donna
Unread 05-25-2004, 09:48 PM

Dear Jeanine:

You are such an encouragement to all of us as you have been to me and I hope that we can likewise send you lots of Hugs and positive thoughts of good things to come.

As all the ladies have said it's good that things are being handled early - that's the key - so take that vacation with your family and also give your body and mind a rest from all these concerns for a while so that you feel stronger and stronger upon your return.

Wishing you strength and happiness.
Unread 05-25-2004, 10:25 PM

((((((Jeanine))))) I am so sorry you received this news and I will be praying for you. You have always been so supportive to all of us here. Now it's our turn to lend you a shoulder to lean on. Just take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your vacation with your family. You are a strong person and very knowledgable about all of this stuff....even though it stinks sometimes. Knowledge is power!!!

BIG HUGS!!!

Sunny
Unread 05-26-2004, 01:18 AM

Awwww, ((((Jeanine))))...

I can only imagine the frustration and the fear you must have felt on hearing this news. It's hard to just put it aside and concentrate on vacation time, but OTOH, it can be amazing what a week of true relaxation can do.

You are on folic acid? I'd ask the doctor about that; I upped my intake when I read (I think thanks to Chicklet ((Beth)) or maybe (((Trish))) ) the study looking at its effect on HPV. Also, I know you've been dealing with some family matters that have stressed you, making relaxation during this vacation even more vital.

Is your family one of those where "mom does all the work, while everyone enjoys themselves"? I hope not, or that your DH can run interference so you can have plenty of "down-time." I also hope that you get plenty of whatever your desire is, whether that's outdoor hikes, or indoor spa-style pampering.

Take care, my friend; prayers are on their way...

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register