still don't have any concrete answers on ovarian mass any advise? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still don't have any concrete answers on ovarian mass any advise? still don't have any concrete answers on ovarian mass any advise?

Unread 05-27-2004, 08:03 PM
still don't have any concrete answers on ovarian mass any advise?

I posted about a month and 1/2 ago about a ovarian mass that was found on my right ovary. Had cervical endometrial adenocarcinoma 4 years ago. Since the initial mass was found from my ct scan I have been in to have a ca 125 came out within normal range. I then had a ultrasound to show what kind of mass and get exact measurments. I have cysts on both ovaries most of which are normal then there is one larger complex cyst on my right ovary measuring 2.7 centimeters by 3 centimeters by 1.1 centimeters I have a copy of the ultrasound report from my doctor and it says abnormal ultrasound further study is recommended. The ob said it's nothing to worry about because The ca 125 came out normal. They scheduled me to have a follow up ultrasound in one month. Still having bowel problems no sex drive whatsoever I feel tired have gained 16 pounds have constant lower back ache and cramps in my right side like a aching feeling and look like I am pregnant even people I work with have asked me if I am pregnant. I feel miserable and I am sick of feeling this way it's depressing. Ok anyway I went to the gyn oncologist to get his(second) opinion he says to me I am sure we got all of your cancer the first time and It's nothing to worry about come back in August for a ultrasound and we will see if it keeps growing If it gets to be 10 centimeters or more then it will have to come out, and have your thyroid tested. What does all of this mean. Can my thyroid cause a complex mass it has both solid and liquid components and is irregular in shape. Please someone tell me what I should do I want to feel better reguardless of whether the thing is benign or not. I don't think these doctors are listening to me they act like I am a hypocondriac when in the meantime I just want to feel better again I am normally a very active person and I just feel like sleeping all of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 08:15 PM

I am going in for surgery on Monday. I have two cysts, one simple and one complex (both large -- 8cm each). Initial US was in January and cysts have grown about a cm since then. I think yours are pretty small and they just want to 'watch and wait' to see if they resolve over a couple (2?) months. My tumor markers were low (CA 125 was 10) and I am considered 'young' for OC (38); however, because of the size, the complex nature of one of the cysts & the fact that they are bilateral, there is a suspicion of C--. I am so freaked out I just want this over with.
Unread 05-27-2004, 08:35 PM

Hi Jackie,

I sure can understand your concern, especiially since you had cancer 4 years ago. Probably your Dr's are right that this is nothing serious , but if you are feeling poorly and worried . then you deserve answers and help now, not in August. I think you should call your Dr and ask for testing now to find out whatever is causing your symptoms so that you can have treatment to get better. If Your Dr insists you wait until august can you see another Dr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2004, 07:18 AM

Jackie, I am so sorry you aren't getting the answers that you want. I know that feeling of waiting and seeing.

You mentioned a thyroid test, I think they may want to check that since you are gaining weight. If your throid functions are off than you can start to gain weight.

I don't have a history of cancer but am waiting to see about a solid mass on my ovary as well. I am lucky, to have found my dr., he didn't want to wait for another ultrasound. My mass isn't very big either, but I have a history of cysts rupturing and he doesn't want that to happen. My CA125 came out within normal ranges also. But he still reminded me that doesn't mean it is not a malignant mass. That really worried me for a few days but my mom said he just doesn't want me to get to over confident and to be prepared if it is. I am only 30, so hopefully it will be ok. I have been so out of wack for the past few months, I want to feel normal again. I have actually been losing weight but getting bigger around my hips. Talk about confusing. I look like I did when I was 5 months pregnant.

I wish you all the best. I would try and see if your dr. will talk to you about your concerns and what it does to you mentally not knowing. Did they put you on any type of hormones to see if it would disolve? August seems so far away. I am so sorry you have to wait for so long. Keep us posted!
Unread 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM

THANKS . They have not put me on anything but today is a good example of how messed up this is I have been hot I feel like I have a fever but I don't have one and dizzy and nauseated all day and I start crying over the littlest things I had to come home from work early because I could not keep m composure and I feel Terrible. I felt like this last Sunday also it's disruptive to my life so the physical symtoms are not my only problem. I just want someone to help me feel better the concern is beyond just worrying whether or not it could be malignant. I just want to feel normal again. But I don't think my doctors are listening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register