Gallbladder - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Gallbladder

Lisa,

Did you end up having adhesions on the gallbladder or did you have stones?

All my test show nothing at this point, but I seem to be getting worse and cannot eat a regular size meal without suffering, pain, heartburn, and nausea.

Because I have so many complications and doctor says I have all of the gallbladder signs, in addition to having almost all of the 5 Fs: I am fair, almost 40, Female-of course, on estrogen, and was not fat but lost 15 lbs 4days after my TAH/BSO due to adhesions; mine comes out on 07-19-04.

I am just wondering as I hear about most people having their gallbladders out due to stones and have yet to hear of anyone having their gallbladders out due to adhesions. I guess that I am kind of excited that I am having my gallbladder out but worried at the same time as I am afraid the doctor will find nothing during surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Gallbladder

Hi Monti
I had stones and "sludge" a technical medical term huh lol
My Dr. also termed it as infected.
There was no comment as to adhesion on the gallbladder but lots adhesions throughout.
My Dr. told me that I was "full of adhesions" and some he was not able to get so I may face further surgery later
Hope that helps!
Lisa
Unread 06-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Gallbladder

Lisa,

Thank you for the info and sorry to keep bugging you, but could the doctors tell your gallbladder was infected and full of sludge before surgery?

I just feel frustrated because I had every test before my hysterectomy too and was told I was fine and it was found that I have severe endo and aden. I know I should be glad, and I am, that I am having surgery but it sure is a much better feeling knowing everything ahead of time. I tried looking on the Internet but most info talks about stones.

Thanks for listening and reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Gallbladder

Please don't ever feel you are "bugging me" I feel grateful that I may in turn be able to help and support as others have done for me.
They had located a few stones via ultra sound prior to the surgery. My surgeon and family doc all felt that the gallbladder was "full of sludge" and I gathered from the conversations that this was not uncomman and though I was relieved ( weird huh) when they found stones I was also told that an problematic gallbladder was not entirely dependant on having stones ( but it made me feel a little more justified in my complaints I guess). The diagnosis of infection came while waiting for surgery and becoming increasingly sicker, and blood test showing some elevated liver enzymes (sp).
I did a yahoo search for "gallbladder sludge", and came up with a number of hits, I have included a few relevant ones but you may want to do a search f your own
http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/bynam...elithiasis.htm
http://www.liverfoundation.org/db/articles/1047
http://www.postgradmed.com/issues/2003/01_03/babb.htm
I hope I have helped. I am happy to read and respond. Please feel free to contact me privately if you wish to. I have been on this road a long time and know what it's like to have yet another surgery staring in my face, and to hope that this ONE will finally make me better!!
Unread 06-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Gallbladder

Lisa,

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. I will send you a private e-mail, should I have any more questions, after I read the web-sites.

Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register