Who or What is your pet named after?? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

Unread 06-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Talking - Who or What is your pet named after?? Andre, Mynney, and Mycki

My beloved Andre' Angel was named after the champagne, he was a cream colored Manx and I thought he was so special he needed a special name.

My current Manxs are named after the Mouse, Mynney Mynx (Mynx-mean manx down under), and Mycki Mynx. They are such special girls!

I love the poem on naming cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Who or What is your pet named after??

My cat boys are Eddie, Angus & Macolm - Yup, guitarists.

We named the black GSD we rescued a year ago Freya. Since she is the norse goddess of Springtime
Unread 06-09-2004, 06:21 AM

We adopted our dog from the humane society. She already had the name "Blizzard". We have no idea why she has this name but we have some ideas ....
1.) Maybe she was found in a snow storm (We adopted her in Ohio).
2.) When she sheds and we take her outside and use the shedding blade on her it looks like a "blizzard" out there!
3.) The dairy queen ice cream treat? Her markings are black and white with poka dots like a blended oreo blizzard)! (Lab/dalmation/bordercollie).
4.) The funniest one of all, we had no idea what her name was when we were "bonding" with her at the pound. Once they told us her name I could not stop laughing! My husband is a weather forecaster in the USAF. I simply said: Leave it to a weatherman to pick a dog named Blizzard! Was if fate? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Wink - Who or What is your pet named after?? Re: Who or What is your pet named after??

I named my beloved female Miniature Pinscher "Phoebe" after the wild and spaced out character on the hit show "Friends". I also named my Peekapoo "Pugsley" after the little boy on the Addams Family movies. I believe their names totally suit their individual characters
Unread 06-12-2004, 10:02 PM
My kitties!

I love this thread, yall!

I have three cats. I got Paisley, a persian calico mix, when I moved out on my own and figured out real quick that a small, empty apartment was lonely to come home to. She is 14 now, but was a kitten when I got her. I couldn't think of a name for her. I also was going to use the name Talia, but made my mother come to my apartment to see her and after about two hours of laying on my waterbed staring at the ceiling while brainstorming names, my mother said "Paisley should be her name, since she's all different colors" -- and the rest is history. Now she has a middle name: Paisley Ann. Go figure.

My red mackeral Maine Coon kitty is 8 years old. We got him in Texas when we went to visit friends. We had him snorfleed there too, since we were staying for a week, and while he was getting "fixed" my husband and I talked about what to name him til the wee hours of the morning. DH wanted to first name him "B.W." for "ball-less wonder" which I immediately nixed! (The Nerve!). His back feet were huge (still are, but as a kitten, they were enormous!), so the DH then wanted to name him "Rabbit", which is cute now, but wasn't then. I called him Kosmo for a couple of days and then couldn't see that fitting him either, so his name became "Nutmeg" and it fits perfectly, since he's dark red tabby marked. DH calls him "Butt-meg" when he's irritated with him, but I always scold him for that. I call him Nutterbutter, Nutty, Sweet Potato and Velcro, because he follows me wherever I go and sits on me, whether I want him to or not! He eats with his paws too and drinks from the water bowl as well. Now all my cats do it.

My Siamese kitten was Hannah Paige but she died during a routine "fix" due to a reaction to anesthesia. <sniff>

We got our last cat in Dec. 1998 after Hannah passed away. We called her Miss Kitty for awhile, then Gabby because she talked all the time (and still does!) and finally one day, she became Nala. She's my terror cat. She wreaks havoc all over the house. She opens all our cabinet doors. She doesn't go in them, but she opens them all over the house. It's irritating but kinda funny to walk into our kitchen and everything be standing wide open. Sort of creeped me out the first time she did it, but now I just fuss at her. Poor thing, she still answers to Nala, but she also thinks her name is "Dammit" and "Stop That!" as well.... >^..^<

Great thread guys!

~Kristina~
Unread 06-17-2004, 12:39 PM

My goldens I bought as adult dogs and were already named Sara and Casey. My daughter is named Jasie so often I call the kid and get the dog and vice versa.

My pug I raised by hand from birth and when he was old enough to eat on his own I put him back with his littermates. He didn't think he was a dog so would escape constantly from any enclosure and come waddling to me. Alas he is named Houdini...it just fit.
Unread 06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Wink - Who or What is your pet named after?? Who or What is your pet named after??

I have a Siamese cat that was rescued as a tiny kitten up a tree. Dogs had killed all the other siblings. He was very skinny but very shiek! I named him Niles (Frazier's brother). It turned out to be very fitting. He is quite the snob, thinks he's the top animal in the house and he "talks" all the time. Every morning he runs and gets in the shower and waits for me. He will sit there until he gets really wet, then he'll jump out and "talk, talk, talk" about it. Oh... how I love him!!

Diana
Unread 06-17-2004, 04:59 PM

Your story about NILES MADE MY DAY!! I can just picture that sweet cat in the shower getting wet!! What a sight it must be!!

Mary
TAH/BSO
March 25, 2004
Unread 06-18-2004, 08:10 AM

Mary - Thanks!!! He makes my day too!!! I had a friend over one evening who closed the bathroom door. Niles doesn't like any door in the house to be closed so he came in and started pacing back and forth and talking all about it. My friend said, "I've heard cats talk before, but Niles speaks in full sentences!!!" It is so true! And...we had a lovely shower together this morning!

Diana
Unread 06-19-2004, 10:53 PM
LOTR

My Shih Tzus are named after Lord of the Rings People. Gimli is my male and Bella (Belladonna Took) my female. I'am getting another female in the late summer.....anyone with any ideas on a girlie LOTR name for baby girl??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register