2 very personal questions.. kind of graffic sorry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 very personal questions.. kind of graffic sorry 2 very personal questions.. kind of graffic sorry

Unread 05-30-2004, 06:56 AM
2 very personal questions.. kind of graffic sorry

O.k. I had a TAH almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. This morning when I finally got up and went to the bathroom, when I stood up there was a very thin like egg whites (sorry, so graffic only way to describe) coming out of me. It was also on the toliet paper, Like I was ovulating. Have not had sex even though I would love to but won't. There was no pain,no blood, no nothing, just that it looked like egg whites. I thought that with having a vaginal cuff that I wouldn't have any moisture there anymore? Is this normal? If I didn't have my surgery this would be the week that Aunt Flo would be coming to visit. It didn't have any smell to it or anything like that.

Second question: This is also kind of graffic too sorry.
Ok. DH and I know that we can not have any intercourse/penatration until my doctor says o.k. (Hopefully at my 4 week apt). So what about (oh boy this is hard for me to write) manual or oral? (Sorry again, I don't want to offend anyone here). I know I dont have that much longer until my post-op apt. on June 9th.

Thanks once again, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone or is graffic.

Jane
18 days post-op
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2004, 07:17 AM

Jane,
My surgery date is 3 weeks tomorrow. I had (and still do) drainage from the stiches dissolving. Got checked @ 2 weeks because of it. Dr. said no intercourse until he gives me the o.k. @ 6-8 weeks. Anyway, this is all hard for me too....
Aside from that drainage I also had the thin white no odor after I had been aroused. I was shocked. Thinking I might not need to invest in KY stock afterall!
My Dr. told us that we could do whatever we wanted with no penetration as soon as I was ready. So...we have and everything works just fine. I was worried my stomach would get bumped or that my muscles would contract and it would hurt. BUT everything was just fine. You can read a lot of posts on here about outercourse. Some have said that their Dr. told them no oral because of germs. I took that advice.
Good luck and try to relax and have some fun!
Unread 05-30-2004, 07:21 AM

You will continue to have estrogen induced lubricatation generated within the vagina - and this is normal - if you have your ovaries or have started on some type of hormone replacement. This is your body's natural lubrication! Yea. It may also involve some of your stitches dissolving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2004, 08:30 AM

Jane,

The monthly (ovulation-related) discharge you had before surgery won't occur any longer--it is produced by the cervix, and you don't have yours now (even though you will still ovulate). You should still produce lubrication when you are aroused--that is produced in the vaginal walls. But lubrication (at least for me) is moisture--plenty of it--but nothing that would fall out of me or drip. There can be some discharge when your stitches are dissolving--completely normal.

Regarding the other question, manual stimulation should be fine, as long as he or you stay completely out of the vagina. Oral is controversial...you should ask your doc. As someone else said, different dr's say different things. For me it was a non issue because my dh wouldn't do it even though I'm sure I would love it! I would be concerned about bacteria I guess.

Your questions aren't offensive...Don't worry. This is the place to ask things like that. It's not like we can go to work or call our mom and ask about certain things...! I'm so grateful for this site!
Unread 05-30-2004, 03:02 PM
2 very personal questions... kind of graffic sorry

thank you everyone for your own personal information. This will help my husband and I.

thank you.
jane
Unread 05-31-2004, 12:46 AM
What my DR. said to me....

When I went for my post op checkup the DR stated that I could do everything as long as I didn't penetrate my vagina.
He even said that I might want to invest in a battery operated friend. I hope that you understand what I just described. Even with that "friend " no penetration.
Some DR's clear for intercourse at 4 wks but mine stated absolutely no intercourse untill after my 6 wks checkup.
I've got 2 more wks and I think that I 'm going to die. Stimulation is not the same thing as the real thing. I can't wait untill I can bond with my DH again.
Hang in there its worth it!!!!!!

tinydancer ( Dallas TX)

TVH kept ovaries 4-29-04
menometrorrhagia
cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia
Stage 2 Pre-cancer
Unread 05-31-2004, 07:44 AM
2 very personal questions...kind of graffic sorry

Tinydancer:

Oh I forgot about my little friend (yes, I know what your talking about).

I'll have to keep that in mind

jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register