ladies pack this in your bag for when you are shaved before surgery!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ladies pack this in your bag for when you are shaved before surgery!!! ladies pack this in your bag for when you are shaved before surgery!!!

Unread 05-30-2004, 03:59 PM
ladies pack this in your bag for when you are shaved before surgery!!!

I thought of this after posting a reply about shaving. I thought since there are a lot of women out there who do not shave and are going to be forced with the pain of razor bumps I can help!

There is a product called "bump fighter" that is a shaving cream. You can find it down the shaving cream isle. It works!!! Of course getting the hospital to use your cream may be difficult. There is also a cream made by the people who make the shaving cream that you use after shaving. It is sooooo soothing! It keeps me from getting the bumps.

If you can get to a sex toy store or can order online there is a shaving lotion called "coochy" that really works too. It is also used as a after shave conditioner. There is a product called "bikini zone" you can use for razor bumps in the womens stuff. It is usually where you find the nair. It is nothing more than benzocaine so if you have any of that on hand you dont need to buy the "bikini zone" stuff.

Since I dont know if they will be shaving me or not I will be packing some of this stuff. I shave anyway but if they get ahold of me with one of those little cheap pink razors I will get bumps! That is the last thing I want to have to deal with. I will find out in pre op if I can continue to shave myself or not.

Hope this helps someone. I hate razor bumps!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the great tip! I am soo prone to get those terrible razor bumps and will do anything to avoid them. I will definitely be trying at least one of those products. I am sure the others ladies will love this tip too!!
Unread 05-30-2004, 06:44 PM

hello,

They did not use a razor on me. They used clippers!

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2004, 09:47 AM

Clippers!! Yikes!!! I have some bikini zone I reckon I'll pack that! Good tip!
Unread 05-31-2004, 08:36 PM

Clippers are supposed to be safer since their is little or no risk of tiny nicks to the skin that can harbour infections waiting to migrate to your incision.

I am going to get a full brazilian bikini wax a week before going in. No bumps and no hair for a good long time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register