My 14 Year Old Daughter | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My 14 Year Old Daughter My 14 Year Old Daughter

Unread 06-01-2004, 01:35 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

I have a typical 14 year old who thinks as most do that the world,especially me,owe her something. She is a good kid,but typical. I have been showing her some of the posts on here just to show her that I may not be myself and that i may need her help.Last night she came into my room and told me she cancelled a trip she had with a girlfriend so that she could be here to help me. I sobbed like a baby. It was the first act I've seen in a while that wasn't all about her,and she did it for me.She makes me soo proud. I just wanted to share.
Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2004, 01:43 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

That's so wonderful! I'm glad that when it came down to her mom needing her she chose you over her trip. It would have made me break down crying too!!!!

Teresa
Unread 06-01-2004, 01:44 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

i am glad i am not the only one that was feeling that way my 17 year old that i always thought that he thought only of his self took the day off of work to be at my surgery and now every day after work he comes straight home and makes sure mama is ok before he goes to his friends house it does make you feel much better when they care thanks for sharing i think it is great that they do understand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

That is wonderful. I feel really emotional reading that. Whats up with me?
I am so pleased for you
Unread 06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

Awwwwww.....that is so sweet.

My youngest son (15) babies me sometimes. He knows I've had a rough go of it...especially the past year.

But....my other 2 sons say that he probably won't move out till he's thirty!

Any way...he is going to be the main caregiver to me post-op. One son doesn't live at home and the other son is going to leadership academy for ROTC. So my little Nay Nay (nickname) is going to take care of me.

He would absolutely die if he knew I said that! LOL

LIW Trina

Now that my surgery date is changed, both of my DSs will be at home to take care of me.
Unread 06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

Amber,

You've got a good daugher! Give her an extra hug from me. My own DD was the same age when I had my surgery. I think it scares them and they aren't quite sure what to think/do/say. Yours really came through for you! Thanks for sharing the story!

s
Unread 06-01-2004, 04:12 PM
teens coming through

I got all tearyeyed reading those posts. Awwwwh.

I think you did great by talking with them about it and sharing your fears about post op care. If we don't act worried or like it is a big deal, then why would they think we need anything?

My mom was very sick for a few years when I was 12 to 14, and I sort of took over. Back in those days, no one ever talked about anything-she had cancer and passed away but no one ever told me anything other than she had cancer. Nothing about what she was going through. It was very difficult because I felt very alone. I had her newborn and my 2 year old sister to care for at the beginning also so it was all very hard. But I did it all, and became a stronger person, and chose a career working with children. I figured I had lots of practice.

I am telling you all this because I am so impressed that you talked to you kids, and shared some serious stuff with them. That makes it all easier. They will be better people because of it.
Unread 06-01-2004, 04:20 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

Your daughter is great! My 13-year-old son had me in tears today too, but not good tears. I asked him to help with his little brother, and he wanted to be paid. I was so shocked and disappointed and I wonder where I went wrong to make him so self-centred. I guess it's something we'll have to work on.
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:05 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

heartlyn,
Absolutely do not worry where youve gone wrong. I truely believe that when they get into those teenage years and the hormones hit,it doesn't matter what you do! Dont feel badly.My daughter was all about money for a while.I finally explained that she got more of our spending money every month than all of us put together and how fair was that.I told her if I felt she earned money she would be payed.If she tried to use something I wanted done as a bargaining tool she'd never get so much as a buck out of me! It worked pretty well.
As women,we certainly can understand how wicked hormones can be and how much self control it takes to control yourself sometimes.Just think,they have the same hormones and no practice!Hang in there heartlyn-the good is in there,but he probobly just put it under the bed with his dirty clothes!(if hes like my daughter)
Amber
Unread 06-01-2004, 05:20 PM
My 14 Year Old Daughter

I'm all teary eyed reading this. That was so kind and thoughtful of her. It just goes to show under it all, she loves you bunches. My two kids, even at 8 weeks post op, still will walk past and offer a hand to help pull me up when I am getting out of a chair. I don't hurt at all to get up and down, but they do it I know because they care and I pretend that I really needed their help.....wink, wink.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register