I *just* realized its June... surgery 1 week from Friday!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I *just* realized its June... surgery 1 week from Friday!! I *just* realized its June... surgery 1 week from Friday!!

Unread 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM
I *just* realized its June... surgery 1 week from Friday!!

Holy cow. Somehow I just realized its June and my surgery is just over a week away. I've not been worried about it because its "far away... in June"... well, NOW its June.. yipes!

I've also been excessively busy... we just bought our first house last week and I've been desperately trying to pack all our non essentials so there wont be as much to do while Im recovering.

Luckily, we dont close on the new house until the end of August, so Im hoping to be in reasonable shape by then, but of course not good enough to do any of the *heavy* work

My hospital pre op appointment is tomorrow am and my DH is coming with me... should be interesting, they show a video... my DH does not handle graphic... he's a little creeped out that I will likely have *staples* to close my incision

My pre op with my GYN is friday morning, my DH will also join me for that, but hates hearing the "details". He'll just have to cope. Heck, I hate the poking and prodding and *I* just have to cope... fair is fair.

Anyhow, now that I've realized its June... Im getting nervous and excited... maybe I'll just throw all that nervous energy into packing up the house!

Time to prepare my lists of questions for the preop appointments... didnt do it before now, because it didnt really seem real.. NOW its real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 07:27 AM

Good luck at your preop tomorrow and congrats on becoming a new home owner!!!!

My date is June 11th also, had my preop yesterday, the doctor answered all my questions before I could ask them, no video just a brochure with photos, my DH went with me and he's a lot stronger with that stuff then I am, they took 4 viles of blood out me and watched them do it, while I'm laying there ready to pass out, I don't know how people do it, i get so queasy,

GOOD LUCK, are you first to go on the 11th?
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:11 AM

I also go on the 11th!! My preop is this Friday. I think I handle the graphics better than my dh. I'm pretty nervous my self, especially when I'm researching and find all the reasons not to have this surgery.But if I don't things will only get worse. Good luck with your new house. Will sending good thoughts your way!
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 08:43 AM

My surgery is at 10 am on June 11, so I doubt Im first to go... unless the doc and hospital staff are really lazy

I dont mind not being first... it gives me a chance to wake up, shower, feed my daughter and my dogs and do last minute organization before I leave. Im not much of a morning person at the best of times, but certainly not while under stress. Im worried I might not sleep at night at all beforehand (Im a crummy sleeper anyhow) so maybe I wont need to be a "morning person" maybe I can still be in "late night" mode

We were very lucky with the late closing date for the house...I was afraid Id end up having to tour through houses while recovering and that would be a disaster... this way, we've bought it and I can recover until closing... lucky timing

(The house we are renting is going up for sale... hence the need to hurry to find a place to live... we got tired of not being "in control" which is why we decided to buy, finally!)

Funny... today I dont feel too bad... maybe my uterus is trying to convince me it doesnt need evicting.. luckily, I am really good at remembering the pain.... Out You Come, Bad Uterus
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:50 AM

Hi. This is my first time to post a reply to any board! I don't know any of the codes. Anyway, my TAH is June 11 also but my pre-op is not until the 10th. I am nervous but I am ready to get it over with. I have a 19 month old daughter that loves to crawl all over me and I am a little scared about that and not being able to lift her but hopefully my 12 year old daughter can help out. I have made my list of questions for my gyn but not my packing list for the hospital. Dreading not being able to drive, especially in summer!
Unread 06-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Hello to Fellow June 11th Princesses!

Let me throw my hat in the ring. I've talked to some of you, but Organizer, you are new to the 11th, right?

I just found out that my surgery is DEFINTELY the 11th, so no more concerns about that! My Pro-Op isn't until the 7th, and I've got SOO many questions. Let's keep up with one another while the date approaches?

Esme
Unread 06-02-2004, 01:41 PM

Hi glad it all went well with pre op.

my ops on the 8th, had my pre op today. Wish they had a video would have liked to have seen that.

Take care everyone
Unread 06-03-2004, 06:29 AM

Good Luck with your preop! I'm having mine tomorrow!
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Back From Hospital Pre op

My Dh and I attended the hospital pre op this am... they explained the procedure TAH with possible BIL (BIL bilateral removal of ovaries and tubes).

They showed a 20 min video "following" a patient from pre op, through to discharge... not showing anything graphic... not even blood being taken.. much to my DH's delight.

Then we did a bunch of paperwork, confirming allergies, etc. Then she did blood pressure, pulse and took 4 vials of blood.

She then put on a bright red hospital bracelet on my wrist that apparently Im NOT to remove before surgery! I have to wear the crummy thing for a week! Poop. Its red because I have an allergy to percoset... but I dont really understand why I have to wear it until next Friday, for pity sake! I asked and was told its "hospital policy"... :P

Oh well, its not like Im going anywhere fancy or anything.

Also, I was told I had to do a fleet enema at 7 or 8 pm the night before...grrr. I was so hoping to avoid any bowel prep. I sure hope they come with good instructions, because while I know the "point" of the enema... I've never done one before... or even had one done and I really wouldnt want to do it wrong and have to redo it or something! Blah.

Its likely I will have the PCA pump afterwards... Ive also requested Toradol and will mention this again to my GYN tomorrow at his pre op appointment and examination..

They also said I will likely have a catheter for a day or two... depending how it goes. Another blech.

All in all, it was uneventful... other than me pouting about having to wear the bracelet for a week beforehand.

I'll update again tomorrow after my final meeting with my GYN.

Good luck to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register