Bad pain on Lower left side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad pain on Lower left side Bad pain on Lower left side

Unread 06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Bad pain on Lower left side

OK sisters need advice. I am gonna hold out for the night unless thispains get worse as I have my 2 week checkup tomorrow.

I have got this terrible pain onmy left side, where my ovary used to be. It hurts to have a BM, pee, cough even talk. THen pain also seem to radiate towards my left side of my back

Has anyone ahd this or have any ideas what this might be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 03:39 PM

I had my surgery on the 25th and feel pretty good except for the left side also. I had a LAVH so the left side has the largest cut. But my back hurts more than the incision. Also not sleeping real great and having a hard time breathing at night. I had asthma as a child and it feels like it has come back. Other than all this complaining I feel pretty well. I think I am gona go crazy with bordom for the next 5 weeks. I go to doc next week for my post op appt. Let me know if you find a solution to this. Hope you feeling better soon..Shawn
Unread 06-02-2004, 03:58 PM

I too have been having a really wierd pain on my left side, where an ovary used to be (by the way my surgery was 5/18 also). I am also not sleeping well at all!!! Waiting to see what the other Princesses have to say.

____
TenderDuck
TAH/both ovaries taken - endometriosis and left ovarian cyst with endo. Colon connected to uterus by adhesions (ouch)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2004, 04:11 PM

I'm having this kind of pain (left-side pain where I lost an ovary), too, although mine is lessening. I asked my doc about it today and he said that there was a lot of manipulation on that side to remove the ovary (with large tumor) and tube and that this type pain was perfectly normal, so long as I don't spike a fever. Mine is much less than it was when I first came home -- I've been putting coldpacks on my entire abdominal area and that helps a LOT. Makes the swelling go down, too!

Hope this helps.

Inaminit
Unread 06-02-2004, 04:22 PM

Hello,

My surgery was also on May 18th and it seems weird to me but I don't have any pain where my left ovary was taken out. I have pain on my right side where I still have one ovary left. I noticed if I hold on to my stomach when I walk it doesn't hurt as much. I might go buy a girdle and see if that helps. My two week check up is tomorrow.

Debbie
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:02 PM

I had terrible pains lower left quadrant when I was about 5 weeks post-op. It was gastric colic and lasted for nearly a week. I couldn't pass gas,or anything else. Are you all certain that it isn't intestinal due to the incisions and moving of organs,etc?
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:23 PM

Hi all

Kim- It's the pillow police for you, you overdid the other day and this is the pain, I know I did it too, but you should check with your doc to make sure you did not hurt yourself and get in bed, it takes me 3 days after over doing to feel somewhat better.

I also have left side pain bad, I think maybe the moving all the body parts and maybe bowel trouble, as the ovary they took was on the right. I was told the bowel track starts in the pubic area, goes up to the right swings around to the left and down, so if it is bowels it is heading in the right direction. (but I am not a doc)
I have left side pain daily from mild to severe. swelling and insomina to name a few, so rest dang it ladies, it is your body telling you too!
Please call doc if it is new pain or severe!!
Hugs and heal
Mary
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:26 PM

PS-

I read here sometime ago that your pain, left or right may be where the doctor did most of his work like moving things to that side to see, so more pushing or pulling making things sore on one side. Seems most of us complain about left side so I wonder if our doctors where right handed and the right sided pain is lefty doc's? Just wondering?
Hugs
mary
Unread 06-02-2004, 08:36 PM

kim308pl

I also have this same pain you are describing. I have no idea what it is. I had a LSH and BSO on 5/21/04. I saw my DR on 5/24/04 due to the awful pain and he didn't have much to say. The left lower back pain was worse than my left incisional pain. The pain becomes intense when having a normal BM and then stops immediately afterwards. Don't/never really did have any pain at the other two incisional sites. I noticed, I have a firm lump under my left incision.

I also have a follow up appointment tomorrow. This time, I am not leaving without an explaination re:these concerns I have.

Let us know what your Dr says. I for one would be very interested. Two of my friends who have each had a hysterectomy told me they never experienced this left sided pain/back pain. But, we are all different.

Take care.
Unread 06-03-2004, 04:33 PM
pain in lower left side

Hi I am new to this. I just had LVHS on May 18th. The pain( in left side radiates to my back when ever I need to have bm or pee) has been so bad my husband had to take me to see my doc. Found out that it was caused by my brusing in my abdomen which caused a hematoma to form on my left side. Have doctor run ultrasound etc right away. do not leave without getting answers.

good luck and let me know what you find out

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register