For those in Pain Managment, what it like? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

For those in Pain Managment, what it like? For those in Pain Managment, what it like?

Unread 06-10-2004, 10:43 PM
For those in Pain Managment, what it like?

((((Susie))))),
I'm sorry to be so late in replying I'm so glad all went so well for you and that you are hopeful One thing that I have learned & continue to hang on to, even after all these yrs of neverending pain, is *hope*!! IMO, it is a must and something that no one can ever take it from us

Big ((Hugs)) to you, my friend!! I look forward to hearing about you experiences & progress! May they finally find you some relief...(((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 06:39 AM
(((( SHERI ))))

Hey my friend! Good to hear from you! You know I was so afraid to post my return pain issues here. I was doing so well and had thought I had it licked. But if I can't be honest with my sisters than that would make me a bad person... I can really say that taking that step and admitting that the pain was back and moving forward into acceptance and pain management has been the best move so far...

I know it is early on, but I feel progress already! I had an extremely stressfull day at work yesterday and usually that sends my pain levels skyrocketing... They stayed level... I was shocked... At the end of the day, when I got home I realized my pain levels had not increased... I was soooooo happy!

I know not everyone has success with pain management, but I hope I do. I will approach this with an open mind, and I have all of you to guide me with your loads of wisdom....

I cannot thank you enough for your help to help me make me a better me.... I know you can understand that sentence.... LOL...

Big Big 's Susie
Unread 06-13-2004, 08:37 AM

I have one more week before I go for my 1st visit. I am praying real hard this DR can help me.
Do they have you take any tests if you don't seem to be feeling less pain??? Such as Xray or MRI??
And, how often do you see your Pain M. DR???
Can he change any/all the meds you are taking if he deems it necessary?
I can't sleep more than 4--5 hours without the pain starts up & wakes me up. Today it's my left arm & fingers, like carpul tunnel.
Everyday it is something else...somewhere else (except for my back- that's constant).
Does any of this have to do with having a hysterectomy??? I didn't feel like this before
Thanks for listening to me crab....I know my family sure doesn't want to hear about it today.

Sharon ouch!! that hug hurt too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 09:05 AM

I am sorry that some of you have such awful pain. I don't have the type of pain that you have but I do have fibromyalgia and I also have started suffering from lower back pain after my radical hysterectomy back on 2/23/04. I hunched over for about 5 weeks with a suprapubic catheter and from the pain of the 8" incision.

Have any of you tried accupuncture? I ask because I had 4 visits back in the late fall for neck and shoulder pain and the pain disappeared. I now have some of it back due to stress from my lower back. I also went for my lower back and sciatic pain and it has helped but it did not take the pain away completely. I just started therapy with a chiropractor last Monday and I feel at times 100% better.

I also have been drinking some natural juice for almost 3 years called Tahitian Noni Juice. I swear by this stuff. It tastes gross but it sures helps. I take care of a 55 year old women with severe Rhuematoid Arthritis. She has had the disease for 30 years. She was in such pain after being taken off of Bextra due to high liver enzymes she was crying. I started her on the Noni Juice and by the next monring she felt better. She told me that she has not felt this good in 3-4 months. She also started taking Viox the next day. She believes that the Noni Juice has helped her pain. She uses it like she would Motrin. I take 2 oz every morning and more throughout the day if I am sore.

Just some ideas you might want to try. Good luck with the pain management.

Unread 06-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Noni Juice

I have had no experience with the Noni Juice, but I have heard others swear by it... I think all of us and our stories prove each one of us are different and you have to try different things and find the treatment plan that works for you! So it may be best to explore different things... You never know what may work.

Good luck to you!

I am on a full week of my treatment and so far so good!!!!!!
Unread 06-24-2004, 07:10 AM
2nd visit with PM doc

Had my second visit with my pm doc to check my 2 week progress... She actually did a ! She said to me that she gets much more professional satisfaction when she see's progress being made helping her pelvic pain patients because they have been through so much bs before they see her because of all the various tests, surgeries, etc done before pain management is sought for pelvic pain. She was very pleased with my progress and it is now up to me for the next several weeks to play with the dosage schedule to get myself up to my maintenance dose of 100 mg of topamax. She would like me to find a way to take some in the am and some in the pm. But I have had a 50-80% resolution of my pain symptoms. I have more pain free moments then not... And even my pain moments are tolerable... And for me I am SOOOOOO HAPPPPPPY that it does NOT involve surgery! I only take 1 percocet every other night, so she is also very pleased with that... So I seem to be on my way my friends.... I am working with a good doctor, I have a good plan... I feel good. I am looking forward to enjoying summer and beyond.... Wow! Who woulda thought???????
Unread 06-24-2004, 07:27 AM

((((((((((Susie)))))))))) This is EXCELLENT news and I am so very happy for you sister!

I hope and pray that you have continued success. I think that I have run out of smilies...so here is a big ((((((((((HUG))))))))))

Please keep us posted...
Unread 06-26-2004, 07:23 PM

That is awesome news (((Susie))) I'm so glad you are finding some relief!!
Hopefully, one day Pain Mgmt, for patients like us, will be sought out as an option much earlier on than waiting until it has progressed so far along *sigh*

Pls keep us posted, my friend May each visit find you msking progress against your pain

((((hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register