Checkin in with good stuff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Checkin in with good stuff Checkin in with good stuff

Unread 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Checkin in with good stuff

I can't believe how much better I feel. The past year, really a full year of recovery was starting to wear me down. I am happy to report that I've had the best month I've had in years. I guess when they say it takes a year, they mean it.

I follow the posts, pray for everyone who is fighting the battle, recovering, waiting, and all the rest that goes along with a cancer dx. This group of sisters has provided so much support, empathy, information and just plain old good humor it's amazing. I've been moved, inspired, enlightened, and have developed a most amazing appreciation for the strength we all possess, the will to survive and still pick up our sisters along the way who stumble from time to time. What a terrific group!!! Keep on doing what you are doing. Setting an example in how to live!!! Thank you everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2004, 08:44 AM

i am glad you are doing so well josie and hope that you even get better with every day that passes
Unread 06-04-2004, 10:07 AM

Hi Josie,

I am also 1 year 1 month post surgery/radiation. It has also taken me a full one year to feel back to nearly normal. I think that a positive attitude helps alot.

I like you follow the stories of people and see their journey and pray for the best for everyone. It is very nice to be able to come here and see other people who have taken the same journey that I have. Their stories of their experiences help a lot.

I wish you the very best of luck !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2004, 01:07 PM
thanks

I wish you all the luck too. It seemed that it was time to say hey.. the time can come to feel better. I thought for so long that this was the way it would be and to get used to it, but I am appreciating each and every day that I'm feelin good. There is alot of life to live.. even small steps and small things.. If this can give someone hope or something better to look forward to, than great!!! keep your eye on the horizon.. the good days will come!
Unread 06-04-2004, 04:41 PM

Josie: I've been really pleased with how great I'm feeling this spring. It's been a little over 7 months since my surgery, but I've found that lots of things have changed. Last year I had great trouble doing my gardening (I love to grow fresh vegetables). I had always had some back problems, but last year I thought something had to change or I was in my last year of gardening. My back couldn't take more than a few minutes of bending over and tending the veggies. This year I noticed that I didn't have that sort of pain any more. I believe the endometrial cancer was causing that back pain and I didn't realize it. I often wonder how often this symptom is there, but women don't realize it's a problem that could be something other than the back. Fortunately other symptoms eventually took me to the Dr.

I have to say that as I look back at the past year, there were many signs that all was not well. I was really fatigued, didn't sleep well and my back was aching all the time. Who would have thought that it was a symptom of something like endometrial cancer?

Although I've spent my adult life in research in the medical area, these symptoms never made it to the top of my mind and related to cancer. Somewhere, those of us who have lived through this scare, should put together a list of symptoms which indicate -- get to the Dr and insist on some really good investigation into the cause of the symptoms.

So glad to be feeling good again!

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register