What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period? What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period?

Unread 06-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Talking - What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period? daughters

hi! too have a daughter 9 and1/2 and she has been developing down there and breasts. she has aches and pains every where. her legs and her chest especially. i think that you can have your period without breasts .like me i too have big breasts since i was young. but i developed early but i never had my period until iwas 16 or 17. i was late, but my daughter was early at everything. hopefully they will get through it like we did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period?

Hello Dany,
My DD is 12.
She has started developing breasts and she has told me she has pubic hair down there. She would never let me see it even by accident. Everytime she goes to the bathroom, she locks the door like she is afraid someone is going to see her.
She has not started her period yet. She is certainly waiting on it though. She talks about it alot. She carries a pad around in her little pocket book "in case" she starts.
She does have an attitude right now, I'm not sure if that is just a 12 year old or not. She is not complaining of any aches or pains though.
Unread 06-23-2004, 03:14 PM

For moms wondering about pubic hair, you probably see their underarms? When they get that don't they usually get the other? Mine hair showed up around 5th grade in both places. Boobs were 4th grade. Period in 7th grade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Talking - What are the signs when a little girl is nearing the time of her first period? Daughters

O My Goodness - Ya know my baby gurl is 11 in a few days, and she has been complaining of headaches and her whole body hurting - she isn't developing breast wise and really mentality wise I don't feel she is on 11 yr old status.......but could this possible be a cause for the aches and pains and does night fever have anything to do with it? She has a history of bladder, urinary track and kidney infections.......
Unread 06-25-2004, 01:11 AM

Hi. We sat down with our daughter when she was 9 and told her the facts. She got rather distressed because her best friend (a much bigger girl) has been trying to deal with getting her periods without anyone knowing about it. Poor kid had no idea what was going on, and has been stuffing lots and lots of toilet paper in her underwear all the time even when not bleeding, just in case it would start again!

She said, Oh, this must be what is happening to D----, and scaring her so bad.

So I called D----'s stepmother and told her what was going on. It never occured to them that it could be happening to an 8 year old! (My daughter was held back a grade to let her mature.) Sure enough, it was. Poor kid, she was so frightened, and my daughter was frightened too, helping her hide what was going on as best they could.

My now 10 year old still looks like a little kid. No breast development, no hair to speak of anywhere. She is maturing more slowly than I did. I think that's a blessing for her. Whenever it does come, though, she'll be ready.

She knows all about my hysterectomy and what it means--the funniest thing she said was "Whew, you won't have to have sex anymore!" LOL!
Unread 07-13-2004, 04:35 AM

There can be other signs besides physical development.

I started mine when I was just 9 years old, I was still in elementary school, 4th grade!! I did the same as someone else's daughter's friend. I hid it. Scared out of my mind. I'd wear a dozen pair of underwear at the same time and pray I wasn't dying.

My mom finally realized it when my underwear were all missing - threw them away.

My oldest DD is 9 now. She has been on her way to maturing for two years now. Mood swings, cramps, headaches, slight bit of hair under arms and slight hint of breasts starting now.

What bothers me is she has such bad cramps nearly the same time every month, has been like this for nearly a year now, so I fear any day it will start, but from the severity of the cramps, I cannot help but wonder if Endo is going to affect her or already is.
Unread 08-11-2004, 05:06 PM

Hi ! My DD is 13 yrs old and she got her first period when she was 10 yrs old. She was wearing a bra at 8 yrs old.My Mom was 9 yrs old and I was 12 yrs old when we each got our periods. My daughter and I talked about it and I bought her 2 different books on "Periods". She has even showed them to her best friends and they are all still waiting on their "periods". My DD didn't tell me the first time cause it was very light but then the next month she told me . We had a talk about things and everything is fine. My DD was just put on birth control pills 9 months ago for cysts on her ovaries and heavy painful periods. I feel she is way too young to have all of those symptoms. But the BCP have helped her tremendously ..But the weight gain is another story ! Angel
Unread 08-12-2004, 12:23 AM

I have 4 daughters and my oldest is 12. She started last may and if i went by mood swings to figure when they would start they all would have thier period including my 3 year old son. lol There is a reall good book called THE CARE AND KEEPING OF YOU it is a really good book for young girls. It explains everything she will be going through.

I started at 12 and so did my oldest. Now I just have to wait to see about my 10 year old twins. there next.

Good luck with having a moody girl in the house. I have 4.
Donna
Unread 08-24-2004, 06:50 AM

Hi do theyhave teen clinics there for gynae issues ?

there si one here . I told DH that soon as she starts complaining about pain IM bringing her in. I dont want her to suffer as I did

mei
Unread 09-03-2004, 05:46 AM
What a great thread

My oldest dd is going to be 11 in Oct. She has more than buds with her breasts and says she is getting hair. I have wondered when she was going to get her period. I just hoped she would make it through the summer which she did ( we have a pool) I was 14 when I got my period but I had breasts and hair so I have no idea what is going to happen with her. She is just so bloody big ( not fat) 5.1 and a half and a size ladies 8.5 shoe. I am 5 10 so I think she will at least be as tall as me.

My little dd is 9 she is chunkier and more kidlike still. So we shall see. Lets just say I am not looking forward to this happening and either is hubby At least he knows I cant get my period. I think if all 3 of us had it at the same time he might move out.

It seems that girls get their periods so much earlier these days. Bloody scary is what it is. All the hormonnes in our meat and food has got to have something to do with it.

Ta

Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register