Do You Have A Secret Hiding Place | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do You Have A Secret Hiding Place Do You Have A Secret Hiding Place

Unread 06-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Do You Have A Secret Hiding Place

OK, I now believe in miracles!
Not only, will I never have another period, I can have unprotected sex without worries of unplanned pregnancies, and now new studies indicate "eating a small, 1.6-ounce bar of dark chocolate every day is good for you. Very good for you"

I was thrilled to hear that coffee and wine consumption could have health benefits, but now life is complete with dark chocolate on the list!!! What more do I need? Oh, yea, a man to have that sex with! Well, at least I have my coffee, wine, and dark chocolate.

I know I have the chocolate because I bought some the other day. They were melting in my bedroom so I needed to find a new hiding place so my two teenage boys would not devour them, as they do everything in sight. I emptied a bag of green beans into a zip lock and threw those little chocolate goodies in the green bean bag and put them in the freezer! Ha! What self-respecting teenage boy will be getting into a bag of green beans! I think the chocolates are safe from all but me.

Do you have a secret hiding place, what do you hide and who are you hiding it from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2004, 10:27 PM

I used to hide money in the freezer. Gave a whole new meaning the the term "cold hard cash!" Of course, now I hardly ever carry cash anymore since I have my handy-dandy debit card. And there's really no one in my house but me, so I don't need to hide anything anymore. I do wish though that I could hide things like candy bars from myself so I don't eat them! But unfortunately, I always find them.

Oh, by the way, on a more serious note - a hysterectomy won't protect you against sexually transmitted diseases or HIV, so, unless you're in a monogamous, long-term relationship, the unprotected sex isn't such a great idea.

But the chocolate sounds wonderful!!
Unread 06-05-2004, 10:37 PM
ADDICTIONS

Well ladies my only major addiction is milk chocolate - (if thats the only place I get my calcium from so be it - he he he!!) - DH and I keep our stash in a special compartment in the fridge - the kids know that their lives wouldn't be worth living if they entered the ZONE!! as I call it - they have their own special jar full of chocolate treats (although I have been known to enter their ZONE when mine is depleted) - I really think its a safe and healthy addiction and I'm sticking to it - take care ladies - Sharonxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 10:17 PM

I hide stuff behnd the door of the pantry. There is a hanging shelf thing on the back of the door and everybody forgets it's there. When they walk in they always leave the door open. Works all the time, never found myself plundered and pilfered again. I can hide anything back there, just about!
Unread 06-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Update

Crazy. Shortly after I posted this thread, I found my son in the freezer pulling out the frozen corn. He actually made and ate a big bowl of corn.

I think I need to get some brussel sprouts to hide my chocolates. The green bean bag just doesn't feel as safe now.

This was all so typical. My kids are always making a liar out of me. All I have to do is mention they would never look at the frozen vegtables and what do they do?

I guess my surgery really was a miracle: my kid is cooking and eating vegtables.

Moruya, You have trained your children so well!! Mine have no respect for my addictions.
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:08 AM

If it's in the kitchen my teenage son WILL find it no matter how hard I try. So if whatever I'm trying to hide doesn't need to be refrigerated or frozen I hide it in my underwear or bra drawers - there's NO WAY he will EVER look in there!!!!!

If it is something that needs to be refrigerated or frozen I just have to put a big sign on it telling him to not touch.B

But then there's almost nothing that I'd hide from my son. If he buys a candy bar or other treat he always shares with me so I could never hide a treat from him - the guilt would tear me apart.
Unread 06-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Re: Do You Have A Secret Hiding Place

Quote:
Originally posted by Calico
Do you have a secret hiding place, what do you hide and who are you hiding it from? [/b]

Yup, but I'm not going to post it on the net!
Unread 06-09-2004, 05:11 PM

During my first marriage I would hide my mad money in a pad or tampon box. No way the ex-H would have looked in there and he was a paramedic. Good thing he is an ex, because now I would have to find a new hiding place.
Unread 06-10-2004, 01:07 AM

Votelady, I like that hiding place though you are right that it would not be too great now as we are riding ourselves of such stuff as tampons and pads. I think I am still in disbelief that I will never need these items again and therefore have not gotten rid of them yet. I keep hearing women on this site sayig they are spotting and such. What are the chances?

Marian Paroo- I liked your response too - good point if one is hiding more than just chocolate.
Unread 06-10-2004, 06:57 AM

We used to keep cold cash too, but not anymore.
My best hiding place is my underware drawer, in a house full of men I don't have to worry about anyone finding it. My DS's are 19,21 and 22 and wouldn't dream of getting in their mother's undie drawer!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register