has anyone had this?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone had this?? has anyone had this??

Unread 06-05-2004, 07:53 PM
has anyone had this??

hi ladies,

i'm not sure if my problem is hyst related or not, but i thought this might be a good place to maybe get some info.....

here's the situation. for the last couple of months or so i have been having what i would term some strange discharge. it ranges in color from beige to almost black. i have no itching. although i did have a yeast infection about three months ago. however, there is an offensive odor sometimes. the thing is, this doesn't happen every day. i may not see anything for several days. then suddenly there it is again. also, i have had a few pain, twinges in my pelvic area. i figured this was probably due to ovarin cysts. the pains never last more than a few seconds.

i mentioned my symptoms to my aunt a few days ago. she said i should get in touch with my gyne. i gave his office a call yesterday afternoon, told the nurse what was going on. anyway i am scheduled to see him this coming Tuesday.

has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them. i don't know if i should be worried or not. but as they always say "better safe than sorry".......

......i am sorry for having to be so graphic in my description of my symptoms.

hugs,jene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2004, 06:53 AM
has anyone had this??

Oh (((Jene))) I'm so sorry you're having this new problem to deal with Your aunt is very wise and was right in recommending that you get this appraised by your doctor... here's a for her.

I have no idea what could be causing this, but, along with the pain, it could be something that needs to be addressed. Ovarian cysts does sound like a possibility. And, if there was some endometrial tissues left behind after the surgery, you could just be shedding that tissue. The smell and black texture could just be because it's "old blood".

Of course, I'm not a doctor, so this is only speculation. Please let us know what your gyn says. Sending lots of s your way.
Unread 06-06-2004, 07:07 AM
has anyone had this??

Dany,

thanks so much for your reply. the support means a great deal to me. to you too.

jene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2004, 07:31 AM
has anyone had this??

Jene,

I was just complaining to DH last week about that problem.... I have mentioned it to my GP before she refered me to my new GYN and she did not seem conserned, so I didn't... (That was back in Feb)

Well I have noticed every month, durring the time frame that I have pain which I / GYN believe to be endo/cyst related. I thought it was just maybe something with my hormones, but since I've been on lupron I still have that discharge. I normally don't see it when I wipe, most of the time I notice it in my underware.

I go back to my GYN for my 3rd lupron shot on 6/22 so I plan on asking about them about it agian. Just does not seem right to me either.

Please let my know what your GYN tells you!
Kim
Unread 06-06-2004, 10:03 AM
has anyone had this??

Kim,

thanks so much for your reply. it is comforting to know that i am not alone in my concerns. i think it may be related to cysts also. esp. since i have never had a problem with endo. and like you said, i don't usually see it when i wipe, but in my underware. my problem has been going on for a couple of months also. long enough for me to be concerned anyway.

i am rather courious myself to hear what my Gyne's comments will be. i thought it would go away on it's own, but evidently i was mistaken. we'll see what happens with the Gyne in a couple of days.

here's hopin we both get some answers.....
jene
Unread 06-09-2004, 01:07 PM
has anyone had this??

jene,

I just wanted to follow up on your doctors appointment to see how things went. Did they give you any idea what may be causing the discharge? I am just woundering because I am dealing with the same factor and I don't go back to my GYN until 6/22.

Kim
Unread 06-09-2004, 06:20 PM
has anyone had this??

Kim,

i meant to post last night, but completely forgot.
my doctor's appt. went fine. he did a pelvic exam and took a sample to put under the microscope. the results were a bacterial infection. he gave me some meds for it. he said they should clear it up. if not to give him a call. also, he couldn't feel any cysts on my ovaries. asked i wanted a ultrasound, i decided against it. i'll wait and see what happens with the meds he gave me.

press the issue with your Gyne. you may have an infection too or it could be something else. to me the whole thing seemed abnormal. that's why i fianlly went to the doctor. now i'm glad i did.

good luck to you.

jene
Unread 06-09-2004, 06:34 PM
has anyone had this??

Jene,

Thanks for the update. I deffently plan to question it again when I see my gyn on the 22nd. I am glad to hear it is nothing to serious. I hope the medication clears it up for you. I will let you know what my doctor says when I see them on the 22nd.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register