Reality hits MRI results tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reality hits MRI results tomorrow Reality hits MRI results tomorrow

Unread 06-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Reality hits MRI results tomorrow

Ive mananged to stay fairly calm and positive these past few days ive kept myself busy cleaning my house and spending quality time with my kids....but this morning ive woken up with those nasty butterflies....I had my MRI on thursday its results day tomorrow...im all shakey now and i feel like crying....ive not had a good cry since this all began maybe it would do me good to just let it all go.

My gynae is confident that it wont have spread as its been caught very early my gp let me read my notes cos for some reason i got paranoid and thought *supposing theyre lying to me* stupid eh but my heads all over the place...my gp told me that most of the mass is pre cancerous 111 only the top layer has turned cancerous and hasnt even attached to the blood vesels yet so im not worried about that.....but now im thinking supposing ive got something somewhere else....my biggest worry is my ovaries had cysts removed 10yrs ago and for some reason ive always had it in my head that i may have a problem there oneday....Im usually so level headed and laid back so why am i feeling like this..i just want it all to be over now...its this waiting around thats the worst.

I read some of the stories that you hystersisters are going through and i feel guilty my worries seem trivial in comparison but im worried none the less.

Maybe if i had a partner i would be ok cos all i need right now is a big squeezy hug and someone saying to me its gonna be alright. I have lovely supportive friends and family but they cant be here all the time....its at night when im in bed thats when i need someone just to wrap me up and make me feel safe.

Sorry im going on a bit now....just wanted to write this down and get it out always makes me feel better.

This site has helped tremendously though ive learnt so much and that has helped...knowing what questions to ask etc...and the support is wonderful just knowing theres someone out there who understands.

goodluck to you all and big cyber hugs xxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Hang in there!!!

Oh this is one those times when i wish i was american they seem to be able to express these things much better than we stiff upper lip UK sisters! - but i'll try anyway.

Hang in there laughing angel, please believe that your sisters out here have you in our thoughts and prayers. I sympathise sooo much - went through the same scary process - told you about howling during my MRI scan - l0l- you seem to have the best advice and information,just think by next sunday all this will be over and we will be on the to the next - healthier! - part of our lives. Anyway will be sending cyber-hugs and healing thoughts down the country from Derbyshire, think of me on Tuesday lunchtime and I'll try and do the same for you on Wednesday!

Well I must go and see if I bought enough Granny pants from ASDA - reach nearly up to arm-pits! and check that my only two fit to be seen nighties are clean! Look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can and we can compare princess stories.
Unread 06-06-2004, 09:35 AM

awww thanks Annie....i howled through my MRI too lol so youre not the only one :-)

Thanks for your lovely words I will think of you too on tuesday...i will be in hospital for 2wks though so we will have to swap stories then....look forward to seeing you on the post op board...take great care and just get well!!

xxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2004, 10:27 AM

Good luck to both of you. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Bertha
Unread 06-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Hiya

Good luck with your ops from Hampshire! and sending you
lots of Hope you are both under gyne/oncologists not just a general gyneacologist/ob?? Let us know how you get on.

Sheila
Unread 06-06-2004, 03:16 PM

((Laughingangel,)) may you get good test results tomorrow.
I am keeping you and ((Annie)) in prayer for complication free surgeries. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.
s, peggiesue
Unread 06-06-2004, 05:33 PM

((((((((Laughingangel, here's that hug you were looking for ))))))))

All the best- you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 06-07-2004, 08:16 AM

Im sooooooo happy MRI scan is clear it hasnt spread...but theyve postponed my surgery for a few days as they have other cases that need to be seen first....not sure when its gonna be now they said they will let me know weds morning.

I am just so relieved :-)

Thankyou all for your prayers im sure it makes a difference you know

xxxxxxhugsxxxxxxx
Unread 06-07-2004, 10:17 AM

Congratulations on your clear MRI.

Great news is so good to hear. I knew you were so worried. Now go out and celebrate!! I usually have ice cream to celebrate good news.

's

Ruth S
Unread 06-07-2004, 10:56 AM

Dear (((Laughingangel))) I am so happy to learn of your clear MRI. Please let us know when your surgery is rescheduled and please keep coming here to be with "sisters" who are always ready to chat or listen, etc.
Sending big s your way, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register