personal questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

personal questions personal questions

Unread 06-06-2004, 03:56 PM
personal questions

I had my surgery on March 11th and I have a couple of questions for you ladies. First, I have just started to have slight discharge again. Thought this would all go away. Any thoughts? Also, I am less sensitive in the clitoris area and it takes longer to climax now. I kept an ovary and am not on hormones. Anyone out there have any thoughts on these two questions? Otherwise, I am doing great and can't complain. Just more curious than anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2004, 05:26 PM
personal questions

Hi Sandy

Sorry you're having some problems.

What sort of discharge are you having? What color, does it have an odor, etc.? It wouldn't be a bad idea to give your doctor a call about it since you're this far past your surgery date.

You kept an ovary, which is good! It might be that your ovary isn't completely up to speed yet in hormone production now that it is working alone. Sometimes after surgery it takes a while for the ovary (or ovaries for women who keep them both) to wake up. If you're having other problems such as hot flashes that might indicate your ovary isn't working 100%, you could ask your doctor about using some estrogen short term to give some relief. Do ask your doctor about the loss of sensitivity and that it's taking longer to climax. Chances are it's just that you're still healing and your hormone production is still not quite where it used to be. Your doctor can help ease your worries.

s
Unread 06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
personal questions

The discharge is very light, very clear, no odor and not constant. I was just surprised to see anything. I thought all that stuff came from your uterus. I guess that does not really make sense!!

The other problem I hate to ask my dr about. Kinda embarassing. I am sooooo glad I can climax still but it is so different. Used to I was so very sensitive and now I really have to make sure I have direct clitoral contact to have an orgasm.
Maybe it is hormonal and will get back like it was.

Thanks for your reply. I don't get on here so much anymore. The hysterectomy is a few months behind me now. But the first few weeks after surgery I was on here constantly and so glad this site existed.

Bye.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register