My new theme song 3 days post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My new theme song 3 days post My new theme song 3 days post

Unread 06-07-2004, 11:51 PM
My new theme song 3 days post

Hi all,

So nice to be on the other side. I am 3 days post and have come up with a theme song that really describes how I feel. It is sung to the tune of "Happy days are here again"

Ok here goes sing along with me "Happy days are here again the fibroids are gone and won't be back again, now I can live my life pain free again HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!'

I am so lucky my castle stay was the best! The entire staff from my doctors to the nurses to the aides were all angels.

When I finally got to the surgery room at 12:30 pm I was more hungry than anthing else. I met the rest of the surgical team and they were all smiling and wishing me well. I told them that I was starting to get a little nervous and they assured me I was in great hands, my anesthesiologist made me laugh just before I went under by telling me he graduates antheisia school in 2 weeks, I told him if he got me through this ok I would come to his graduation. That's the last thing I remember before waking up in recovery.

After recovery they moved me to the maternity ward because my doctor said it was much quieter there than in the surgical ward and she was right I only heard the occasional baby cry and even that wasn't very loud so I got plenty of sleep. I was up and walking Saturday morning and by the afternoon they removed my catherter and IV, that's when I started feeling human again.

My doctor told me my uterus was approx 5 month pregnancy size and the heaviest she had ever removed with too many fibroids to count, well I can tell you I sure won't miss it. She said I could go home Sunday if I wanted to but I told her my house had a pipe break in the bathroom and the plumbers were there fixing it so she suggested I stay until Tuesday if I wanted, I chose to go home Monday because boredum was setting in to the point I was getting headaches from sleeping too much.

So here I am! sore and slow moving with a swelly belly but singing my theme song and smiling through every word.

My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery go out to each and every sister out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 02:45 AM

Isn't it WONDERFUL - Happy Days ARE here again and they will only get happier. I'm almost 12 weeks post-op now and I feel better than I've every felt since Aunt Flo started visiting 35 years ago and each month made my life a living hell. I feel I have a whole new life with my new DH and nothing can stop us now.
Unread 06-08-2004, 06:37 AM

So glad you came out singing! Don't your belly feel just so wonderfully empty! That's how mine felt right after surgery.
Now be sure to get lots of rest and fluids.
keep us posted on your recovery
HUG! great song!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 10:09 AM

Great theme song! :0) I'm now 5 days post-op, and singing the same tume. I had a SAH, kept ovaries & cervix, and could not be happier! I've been dealing with fibroids for many years, and 3 weeks ago, several ruptured at once, bleeding severely and continuously for days. My Dr finally got it to stop after 5 days, soaking pads every hour. The soonest he could get me scheduled for surgery was 2 wks later. I lost a ton of blood, am still seriously anemic, now bloated and constipated, but glad it is all behind me now. Yippee!!! :0)

My castle trip was wonderful! (6.3.04) My dr, asst surg and anesth were great, talking me through everthing that was to happen. My anesth was also a comedian, telling me tons of jokes, and talking about my favorite vacation, fishing, until I was out. They were all there in recovery, to tell me everthing went well. The nursing staff was kind and gentle, letting me get settled at my own pace, and always there for the pain, sometimes before I realized it. I wa up and around the next day, with their help. They sent me home that Saturday afternoon, and I'm doing OK, slowly but surely. It's bound to get better day by day, as long as I take care of myself, geting plenty of rest, fluids and walking as I feel up to it. Take care, dear sister.

Much love to all.
Unread 06-08-2004, 10:22 AM

I am 12 days post op (TVH) and singing the same song! Feeling better than I have in years.

My surgery was at 1:00 PM on a Thursday and I was home by 4:00 PM on Friday. First night at home was a little difficult, but believe me, it was not as bad as what I've gone through month after month for the past 5 years! What a relief!

I can't believe I'm feeling this well. I'm not fatigued though, actually having trouble sleeping. I rest at times throughout the day, but do get up and walk around, doing odds & ends. Not sure why I'm having trouble sleeping. Doesn't matter, I'm just happy to be feeling so good.
Unread 06-08-2004, 10:30 AM

readysetgo! ~ HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

I'm so happy that you had a great castle visit. I had a successful trip too, with wonderful nurses and, of course, I'm in love with my !

After all of the books and press and warnings about NOT having the surgery, I still can't believe how much better I feel only 4 days later. No more endo pain. No more anger. Wishing you a continued glorious recovery!
s ~ Clementine
Unread 06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Theme song

Dear Sisters,

Thank you all for your well wishes, it is so wonderful to have so many people to relate to. I am glad to hear you all have had great recoveries and maybe this theme song can be the theme song for every sister just by changing a few of the words to make them personal for each sister.

I truly hope everyone has Happy Days again, we have been given a second chance to live this life pain free and I for one plan to live it and love it.

Clementine, I see you smiling through your words, glad to hear your castle stay was also a good one. Keep smiling and keep in touch.

Blessings to all
Unread 06-08-2004, 02:38 PM

I'm singing the same song at 7 weeks, ever since the 5 week mark. After all, feeling better WAS my reason for volunteering to have this done, I kept reminding myself. I LOVE your positive attitude!!!! Becoming more hopeful at 5 weeks , I think, is what helped me turn things around. Before that, I was singing, "Another one bites the dust!".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register