I am just losing it! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am just losing it! I am just losing it!

Unread 06-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I am just losing it!

Hi Ladies,
I haven't posted in a week or so...was in the midst of my one good week of the month.

So, Aunt Flo left last week. My surgery is scheduled for 7/8, so I thought that I would only have to deal with one more period pre-op...This morning I wake up feeling sooo bloated. My stomach feels like I am several months preg. My cramps are terrible...I take some pain meds, but have no choice but to go to work, as I had an appointment today. I get to work and ****ed if I am not bleeding again! And not just spotting, which sometimes happens...real bleeding.

I am so tired of this. Not only do I feel awful physically, but I am terribly emotional these days. I can cry at the drop of a hat...a song on the radio or a tv commercial can put in over the edge!

I feel like I am losing my mind and I still have 4 weeks to go before surgery. And my poor DBF has been so supportive...I know I must be making him crazy...he doesn't know what to expect from me from one minute to the next.

Well, thanks for listening to my whining rant...I keep trying to stay positive, but some days it is so hard!

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 08:31 AM
I am just losing it!

Many 's Susan! Hopefully time will go quickly for you!
Unread 06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
I am just losing it!

Susan,

I am so sorry sweetie- days like this are just awful- i've been there and still am- just waiting on my period to start again...

Is there a way you can just go home after your appointment and curl up with a good book or movie?

I hope it gets better soon...sending you 's....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I am just losing it!

Hi susan!! i can soooo relate to what your going through!! I'm still waiting for a date, have been since april, & as you ladies say here i was getting at least 3 visits from aunt flo a month:cry:

I also feel like i'm losing my mind!! I'm on medication to stop the bleeding but i have to keep increasing the dose because aunt flo is really wanting to make an appearence

I hope for you that the time passes quickly & relief will soon follow!!
Good luck
Unread 06-09-2004, 09:17 AM
I am just losing it!

Oh, gosh! I have SO been there! About 5 days before my TVH I had my LAST period!! My surgery was on Thursday, and all day Wednesday I was afraid to take even an Ibuprofen because I didn't want to increase the odds of bleeding too much during surgery. The whole day Wednesday, I just kept thinking to myself: This is the LAST TIME. Tomorrow the doctor will just pull this pain right out and I will NEVER have to do this again!!

So here I am, one week later, and doing pretty well, all things considered. And that will happen for you, too, so hang in there!!

You are gonna be FREE AT LAST!!

Hugs and Blessings Galore -

Connie
Unread 06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
I am just losing it!

Hi everyone,

I'm not bleeding, but oh my gosh, I think I'm there with you. My surgery date is 6/29th and I don't know how I can wait that long! I'm having pain that Advil doesn't help, can't take other pain meds because I have to work. I have the hormone thing going on thanks to Lupron, so I'm often on the verge of tears and lately have had at least one major cry per day (not very professional!), not to mention not sleeping well and hot flashes.

All I can suggest is try to stay busy and keep your mind off everything (easier said than done, I know). This website has been wonderful in helping me realize I'm not alone. Also, as someone told me yesterday, we need to cut ourselves some slack -- and look forward to the day when all this will be behind us!

Laurie
Unread 06-09-2004, 10:57 AM
I am just losing it!

Thank you all for your responses. As always, it really helps to know that others understand and empathize with how you feel. Thank God for this site!

The good news is I only have to get through 3 more hours and I am straight to the couch!

Thanks again,
Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register