Two Weeks Post Op-I just want to feel Better!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Weeks Post Op-I just want to feel Better!! Two Weeks Post Op-I just want to feel Better!!

Unread 06-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Two Weeks Post Op-I just want to feel Better!!

I had my LAVH on 5-25-04. Kept one ovary. I am still working on my Castle story. On the 28th of May I was having sharp pains in my chest and since I had a blood clot once before I was sent to the ER.

When I went to the ER they did x-rays and urine tests. They found out that I had residual air left over from my surgery and that was causing the pain in the chest. They also found that I had a bladder infection. I was put on a pretty strong antibiotic.

I had my first post op on June 1st and everything was going well that morning. Doctor said everything was looking good. So I went home and that evening the nausea came. The next day I was feverish and still nauseated. I've been that way ever since.

Since then I have put in several calls to my doctor. I even went in for another office visit. Today I had a CT Scan to see if I have an abscess or something else going on. I was also placed on another antibiotic. You would think I would start feeling better soon. I only have two days left on that!

I kind of hope that they find something. I just don't want it to be one of those "unknown" things without an explanation.

Other than the nausea and fever, my pain has been okay. Sometimes it will flare up a bit but nothing bad enough to warrant an ER visit. I have been having some sharp pains in my belly button region and the lower right quadrant of my abdomen. I figure it just stuff trying to heal since the pain isn't constant.

My swelly belly is gone! That's all back to normal and I'm able to wear jeans again. I'm still having some drainage but all that seems to be normal. So at least that seems to be healing right!!!

Just for grins I looked up when I would have normally had my period. LOL...Guess what...that day came and went and I didn't even think about it!! I'm definitely not going to worry about periods anymore!!!

I'm getting bored at home doing nothing. Although I'm able to drive, I just haven't been able to do so because of the nausea. TV is even getting boring and I'm running out of movies to watch. I paid my sister to clean my house. I haven't been able to get on the computer as much because of the nausea. So I'm pretty bored right now!!

Hope all my hystersisters are doing well!!

Colleen
05/25/04- LAVH-One Ovary Left!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 10:14 PM

I hope you start feeling better real soon. Just try to rest and drink your fluids! You will start feeling better in no time.

Take Care!
Debbie
Unread 06-09-2004, 10:47 PM

Hi there, sorry to hear of your boo boos. I am also 2 weeks post op and have had numerous problems. I go in to the dr Fri ( had one today and they moved it due to an emergency) They put me on some strong meds and they made me extremely nauseas also. Called my dr and they said it was side effects and would come and go and possibly go away within 5 days. Still here. Have you mentioned to the dr about it still being there? Maybe it is the medicine. Something to ask about at least. I am sorry to hear of your problems and hope it gets much better soon.

Lindsay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM

The nausea could be from the antibiotics......I know I can't take Keflex because it makes me vomit (or wish I could!). Antibiotics can really tear up our tummies.....as your doctor for something to counter-act that - there's plenty of meds available. Compazine is one that comes to mind......

Also, if you can drink ginger ale or make some ginger tea from fresh ginger root, that helps a lot with nauseousness.

Also, if they can't figure out where your "fever" is coming from, it may be due to a drastic reduction in hormone levels, or you could be having a reaction to the extra-strong antibiotics. I did - it felt like I was sunburned and HOT HOT HOT! Once the antibiotics were through, and on HRT, I was fine.

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 06-10-2004, 05:09 AM

I am sorry you are having problems. Drink as much water as you can. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:51 PM

Yikes - you're wearing jeans? That would put me down for the count!! Mainly because others, or even myself, might get the idea that I was further along healing than I really am and I might get too active. The thought of anything other than a moo-moo or my pjs being on hurts!!

Sorry you're have the trouble. They don't tell you how that gas used in laparoscopy can get up into your shoulders and about everywhere. This time it wasn't so bad -- twenty years ago when I had a cyst removed the gas was the worst part -- it hurt over a week later.

Hope you are regular - i'm faithful to my metimucil and got off the pain pills as they are so constipating. (And my pain level is very low to none.)

I asked my Dr yesterday about a trip to the beach in 2 wks that we have planned - he said I could go into the water but probably shouldn't body surf. There's so many things to do in the future I'm going to continue taking it real easy til then.
Unread 06-10-2004, 03:21 PM

I've been taking Zofran for the nausea. The first antibiotic was Bactrim and now I'm on Cipro. I'll actually be finishing the Cipro tomorrow.

The fever is what is most confusing to me. I had thought it was the antibiotics causing my nausea as well. So before they switched me to Cipro they had me off the other antibiotic for a few days. The nausea and the fever were still there!!!! Arrgg!

I've only worn jeans twice. Of course one pair was hanging off of me. Been trying to stay with the loose stuff as much as possible. I'm waiting on the results of my CT Scan.

I'm off of the Tylenol 3 now, so I'm pretty much back to my regular meds except for the Cipro. I just want to feel better!!

I am a medical mystery to my doctors! I wonder if you can donate yourself to science as a living project??? LOL

Thanks for all your responses and ideas!

Colleen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register