Relay For Life this Saturday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Relay For Life this Saturday Relay For Life this Saturday

Unread 06-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Relay For Life this Saturday

This Saturday is the Relay for Life in my community, and it will be my second year on the team "Angels Among Us."

Just wanted to let all of you know that I will be thinking of my Hystersisters on Saturday. I have decorated a luminaria bag for the Hystersister Cancer Survivors, as well as one for Tammy DW and Forgen. If anyone else has a specific loved one or someone that I've forgotten, please PM me.

From the cancer awareness bracelets that I've sold and the donations from a bagel sale at my DK's school, I have raised almost $1000 for the ACS. Hopefully we are that much closer to finding treatment and education for all who suffer from this dreaded disease.

S and XXX to all my Sister Survivors,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 06:16 AM

Dear Quiltcrazy44....Good luck on saturday. What a wonderful thing to do. Be well.

Bertha
Unread 06-10-2004, 06:19 AM

This is an awesome experience! I recommend that everyone try it at least once in their life
I have done it twice, for my mom that died of Lung Cancer and my Aunt of Breast Cancer. It is a truely healing process to be around so many people that have or are going through what you are!

I am very proud of you for doing this! I will be praying for you

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 06:52 AM

Linda -

I participated in my first Relay for Life this year (just in the Survivors' Lap). It was awesome! Tell me about your cancer awareness bracelets. Have a wonderful time and how neat of you to remember your Hystersisters!!! Carol
Unread 06-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Hiya

Here in the its called Race for Life and im a marshall on the course on Sunday. Hope i dont send people the wrong way

Sheila
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:27 PM
PS...

I hope that no one gets more worried about Forgen. I haven't heard anything from her in a long while, but she is very much on my mind and in my prayers. That's why i decided to light a special luminaria honoring her. The other special one is in memory of TammyDW.

Hope this clarifies things...

S
Unread 06-10-2004, 02:43 PM

Linda
Our local Relay for Life is in 2 weeks. I went last year and am looking forward to going again. Good for you raising all that money. Our team had a garage sale, sold cook books, and had several other selling parties. The money goes for such a good cause.

Your luminaria is such a nice gesture. The luminaria lighting is such an emotional part of the relay. It really brings this cancer business to reality.

I also have worried about Forgen. No news is worrisome.

Ruth S
Unread 06-10-2004, 03:10 PM

Dear Linda,

What a wonderful experience. Thank you for including all of us and taking us along with you.

I have walked in a few walk a thons and attended cancer surviror celebrations. The emotional high lasts forever.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register