new--lots of questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new--lots of questions new--lots of questions

Unread 06-10-2004, 09:00 PM
new--lots of questions

Hi everyone. I just joined, but have been skimming the site for a few weeks. There are so many postings that it is hard to keep up, so sorry if these questions have all been addressed recently. Here is my story: My dr and I have been trying all kinds of things to not have to do a hyst and nothing has worked--bc pills were horrendous. Finally, about two wks ago, he said we could schedule. I thought I would be so relieved to hear him say that!! The first day I was in shock, and since then the pain has INCREASED!!!!! I knew that the pms I was experiencing was causing the problems at the time, but it won't go away. I have a constant burning pain in my abdomen, goes down to my knees and up to my ribs. I feel like there is a huge lump in my stomach. It is very bloated and feels SOLID. Anyway, I guess my question is, did anyone every have their symptoms get much worse after getting the okay? I am thinking that I was maybe trying so hard to be okay for so long, and now that I am finally having the surg, I am relaxing a bit, which is allowing me to feel all of the pain that I have been telling myself I have not been having. Does this make sense to anyone? The pain could just be making me insane!!!! :P I did call my dr today and he had the nurse tell me that all will be better soon! I think he may be tired of hearing me complain. Anyway, thank you for letting me get this off my chest. And thank you to anyone who has "words of wisdom" for me.
~AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2004, 09:40 PM
new--lots of questions

I started out with a very hard pelvic area that once in awhile burned inside. So I know what you mean. After finding out that I had a uterus the size of a soccer ball, a fibroid tumor the size of a large cantaloupe and at least one ovarian cyst the size of a ripe orange things got way more in perspective.

After learning of this "fruit basket" I've been carrying around I really started having discomfort and burning just a few days before surgery. I figure it was just my little mind playing tricks on me. I couldn't sleep on my stomach for 3 months due to the pressure on my abdomen and pelvic area. It is truly amazing how our bodies accomodate such a mass.

You are not alone. A lot of us on this site have similar stories. Just know that after your trip to the castle you will not only be a princess but a new woman. You will have discomfort for sure, but nothing like what your experiencing now. At least not with my experience. I feel sooooo much better.

Hang in there and stay positive.
Unread 06-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Anxiety

With surgery next week I'm not really sleeping. Sometimes It seems as if the pain has actually left. But I've been home three weeks in pain so I try to convince myself it will be over soon. I just get the blues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 05:09 AM
new--lots of questions

Hi amonte,

to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. I didn't have my hyst for the same reasons as you, so I can't answer your question, but I wanted to send you a couple of S while you're waiting for others to reply, and to suggest that you call your doctor's office back and emphasize that this is a different pain than you have felt before, and that you feel he should check it out, to be sure it's not something else.

Please be sure to read the Pre-Op Hints and the Post-Op Hints. They are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Please let us know how you are doing. I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

S
Unread 06-11-2004, 05:16 AM
new--lots of questions

Yes, I think that finally reaching the point where surgery is the next step you do feel the symptoms more than before, because now it seems more justified(??). I guess I mean that before you may have pushed your physical complaints aside thinking they were normal, and now that you have the validation of a surgery date and you have the hope that your problems will soon be resolved you are realizing how bad you actually do feel. Does that make sense.

Anyway, be assured you are not alone in your thinking that now it seems like your symptoms are worse than before. And as Karen said, be sure to call your DR about any pain or symptom that is different of more severe.

Best wishes!
Unread 06-11-2004, 06:16 AM
new--lots of questions

I didn't even feel the largest fibroid until I saw the MRI. Before that I just thought I was fat. After I saw the MRI film and it showed the way the fibroid was squishing everything else I could feel that dang fibroid with every move I made. Once I knew it was there, and how big it was, I got more in touch with my body I guess.

Iphie
Unread 06-11-2004, 09:51 AM
new--lots of questions

Thank you all so much. See, I knew I wasn't crazy!! I did just have an ultrasound and he showed me my fibroids and cysts all over everything. It does seem that now that I know they are really there, they bother me more. Before, I still was unsure if I was just a wimp, unable to deal with normal stuff, or if there was really a problem. Now I KNOW there is a reason for all of my problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register