Another Cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Another Cyst

Well Ladies I thought I was going to be done with all this and low and behold I started having this terrible pain on my right side for the last week and yesterday it got really bad and I called the Dr. Office and they had me go in for a emergency ultra sound and they found a 4 cm cyst on my one and only ovary left.

I have to wait until the Dr. comes back from vacation on monday to see what he wants to do so it is another waiting game...

I am hoping that there will not be anymore surgury that is for sure.

Anyone else have this happen?? If so what did their doctor do?

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Another Cyst

Hi Brenda,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some difficulties.

I had my right ovary removed last week. I started having problems with cysts about 6 months ago - my doctor had been watching the cysts for any changes. They had gotten larger and turned from simple cysts to complex cysts. I had significant pain, swelling and nausea. My surgery was done laparoscopically. The right ovary was adhered to the top of the vaginal cuff and covered with adhesions and cysts - it was removed. My left ovary had some fluid filled cysts that were drained and then the ovary was wrapped in mesh to protect it. I'm now 1 week post-op and the left ovary seems to be functioning good.

Sit down and discuss your options with your doctor. Some cysts go away on their own - some need to be removed. I began to have problems 6 months ago - my doctor and I decided to take the "watch and wait" approach for a few months - I had vaginal ultrasounds every 2 months to check the status of the ovary and cysts. The reason we decided to go ahead and remove the ovary was because the cysts changed form simple to complex and my pain was greatly increased.

I hope you don't have to have more surgery - thoroughly discuss your options with your doctor. If you do need surgery please know you are not alone.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register