CIN III for my 16 Year Old Niece...SHOCKING UPDATE!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CIN III for my 16 Year Old Niece...SHOCKING UPDATE!!!! CIN III for my 16 Year Old Niece...SHOCKING UPDATE!!!!

Unread 06-11-2004, 08:50 AM
CIN III for my 16 Year Old Niece...SHOCKING UPDATE!!!!

Hi Ladies and Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Val sorry I haven't been back to post an update on my niece and her condition until now but life has been crazy!!!! My niece was due to have surgery this past monday 6-7-04 Her Dr. is the same OB/Gyn that preformed my TVH...an awesome guy to say the least! She was to have a Conization and ECC procedure. Her pre-op visit was done the same morning prior to her surgery time. My sister was called back to the pre-op holding area 45 minutes later to speak with the Dr. and her daughter. Surgery was cancelled. It was confirmed through blood and urine that my niece is pregnant. An abortion was ruled out by my niece...she will have the baby and continue her school education. We know that my niece is so young but we are thrilled! We strongly believe that this might be her 1 and only chance to ever have a baby. My niece's boyfriend is sticking close by her side and we are all mothering her to pieces. Ashley want's a little girl but we of course are just hopeing and praying that both mommy and baby will be healthy. I will stop by from time to time to post new messages on how Ashley and the baby is doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 09:12 AM

Daisy,

What a brave young woman your niece is! I believe that she won't regret her decision, and in fact will find blessings in it, even though it's not going to be easy.

And how fortunate she is to have you as her aunt!

Please do keep us posted. Ashley will be kept in prayer, by me and my community, too.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 06-11-2004, 09:48 AM

I think this child will be a real blessing! Ashley is in my prayers. Please keep us posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 01:42 PM

Your niece sounds like a strong person. I will pray that she and the baby do fine

God Bless
Unread 06-11-2004, 02:13 PM

Daisy: What will your niece do about the cancer? Can she wait until after the birth to seek treatment?
Unread 06-11-2004, 04:03 PM

I've had your niece on my mind since you originally posted. I was gonna reply and say something like hpv is unpredictable so I'd recommend your neice have a family earlier in her childbearing years, like waiting no later than 20-21. I didn't have kids until my late 30's but I dunno, I think I was switched on enough in my early 20's to make a good parent. BUT...........I didn't dare post that, you know ENCOURAGING teens to have kids, thought I'd get boo-ed right off the boards. But I was wrong.

With strong family support I hope your neice lives out all her dreams, finishing school, getting a career, being a parent and spouse, etc. All my best to her.

As for the baby -- as they say in Jurassic Park -- "Life finds a way."
Unread 06-11-2004, 05:34 PM

I thank you Ladies so VERY much for all of your prayers, best wishes, and support for my niece and her baby-to-be. Ashley is due around January 20th, 2005. She will have a sonagram June 23rd to reveal just how far along she is in her pregnancy. Ashley has decided then to know the gender of the baby (I will post a message and let you know as well) The Dr. is already pampering her and will be watching her and the fetus closely. He stated that if he was to do the surgery now...an infection could set in and cause a self-abortion. He also stated that Ashley is not to worry about the CIN III. That is something to worry about after the baby's birth. He told me year's ago when I suspected that I might be pregnant that dysplasia goes into remission upon a pregnancy. We are very confidant in him and his doctoring skills and Ashley is a tough girl! My sister is shopping right now for maternity clothes and earlier today she was already looking at baby clothes. Everything happens for a reason and we do feel blessed!!!!
Unread 06-11-2004, 09:57 PM

wow i guess this is awesome news for your family. i wish her the best. i was a young mo ther, i had my daughter when i was 17, and my son at 21, and i thank god everyday now, he definately gave me miracles when my family was against me keeping my baby, they said it would ruin my life. my husband and i have now been married just about 9 years, and thankfully have 2 wonderful children, i was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 25 years old. had i had the abortion my family wanted i woiuld have regretted it for the rest of my life, becasue i am sure i would not have had more hildren for awhile, and it would have been too late. tell her we are all rooting for her, she will be a wonderful mother, espically with all of the great support she has from her family!!!
Unread 06-14-2004, 07:15 AM

We'll all certainly be praying for your niece. She needs to try to just think about the pregnancy and her precious baby and worry about the other things afterwards. Please keep us posted.
Unread 06-14-2004, 08:07 AM

I'm 44 and have no children and in retrospect I wish I had had a family when I was young. As you get older and "wiser" you become more aware of all the dangers out there and maybe tend to overthink the heck out of everything. At least I have....and I would have been a much better, laid back, happier parent at 16 than I would today. So good luck and God bless to your niece....I wish her and her child and your family all the best

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register