Can you have adhesions that go from below your belly button left around to back?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you have adhesions that go from below your belly button left around to back?? Can you have adhesions that go from below your belly button left around to back??

Unread 06-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Can you have adhesions that go from below your belly button left around to back??

It is hard to describe but i sure do hurt..My uro.said he thought adhesions. My back is screwed up anyway.but i thought this was do to my periods.Its kinda like when i was getting ready to start only never goes away.I had an injection in my back wed but the pain didnt leave.I am so confused.thanks judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Can you have adhesions that go from below your belly button left around to back??

Judy,
I'm fairly sure that adhesions can form just about anywhere. They are the body's natural defense system, it's where they form and if they attach to other tissues and organs that can cause pain. You don't necessarily have to have surgery for them to form either. I think I developed them after a bout with pneumonia and a bad kidney infection.

You'll find some more information in the Resources section here Adhesions Resources

Unread 06-11-2004, 07:59 PM

They can form just about anywhere and sad to say there is no cure .

Once formed going in may mean new adhesions forming so the surgeon told mt that unless it gets to a point where sone tract is completely blocked they wont want to go in at all

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Judy (adhesion wrap around)

Judy bo My adhesions were front to back like what you described. I had pain from the lower tummy all the way to my back. It was cause the adhesions are like spider webs they stick to anything! I had them on my colon, bladder and intestines. I felt bloated all the time and like my organs were glues together and being lifted and tugged the wrong way. Now I cant wait to see how I feel when I heal! I hope this helps. Have you talked to your doc yet...

My post came up seperate sorry must be the pain killers I am on cant post right!
Unread 06-14-2004, 06:21 AM

Hi there-
I had laparascopic surgery for adhesions on 5/20. Apparently, I was "a mess!" (dr. words). Anyway, I had terrible lower back pain before surgery. It was pain that never let up, no matter what position I was in or anything. I actually woke up from the surgery feeling far less pain than when I went under! My ovaries were completely encased in adhesions, but they were still functional. That was the source of most of my pain. The ovaries were trying to go through their cycle, but the adhesions were restricting them! I also had adhesions that stuck my omentum to my bladder as well as stuck my large intestine to something else(?). Anyway, I didn't really have bowel problems, but the dr. said that in time I would have. I went to a total of 6 drs. before finally getting this resolved. Every one of them (except the last one who did the surgery) was stumped as to what was wrong with me! I am doing much better now. The surgery, for me, was definitely worth it! Although my dr. says the only way to go is laparascopically to reduce the likelihood of more adhesions forming. It may take some doing to find a dr. who is experienced in laparascopic surgery, but it's definitely worth it! Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register