Step-mom going to get tests done | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Step-mom going to get tests done Step-mom going to get tests done

Unread 06-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Step-mom going to get tests done

Hi my name is Eva and my stepmom is an LNA, the other day she was kicked by a resident (she works in a nursing home). She had some spotting and so she made an appointment to get it checked out. Her primary care physician made her an appointment to see a gynecologist. She saw the OBGYN today and they told her it was either her adhesions from previous surgeries had become enflammed OR it is Ovarian Cancer. She has the symptons of OC. They took her blood to do the CA125, I believe that's what it's called. Anyways I being the computer nerd came upon this site. I have pulled up some of your conversations, especially the ones about ovarian cancer in women who have already had a hysterectomy. She had a hysterectomy over 10 years ago due to excessive bleeding. She has IBS and she's had surgery for prolapsed rectum.
My step-mom is going Tuesday to have the ultra-sound. Anyways I just thought I'd introduce myself.
I am really concerned. This woman is like a mom to me. My biological mom and I are like sisters. My step-mom has truly been my MOM. I hope you don't mind my browsing.
~Eva~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2004, 07:59 PM

s Eva

Your stepmom is fortunate to have a caring stepdaughter like you watching out for her.
She is planning to have the right testing done with a ca 125 and an ultrasound. If any of these test come back abnormal, she should really consult with a gyn oncologist. They are the experts when it comes to any gyn cancer!!!
When your stepmom had her hysterectomy did she have her ovaries removed as well? Even if she did, there is a rare form of cancer called primary peritoneal which is basically another type of ovarian cancer.
Not to alarm you further, but many women diagnosed with ovarian cancer have had a previous diagnosis of IBS.
Hopefully this problem with not turn out to be cancer of any type.
But..... if you or she needs us, I'm glad you found us.

karenann
Unread 06-12-2004, 07:38 AM

Hi Eva,

I am hoping that everything goes well for you step mom. Please keep us updated as to the results of her tests.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2004, 09:00 AM

Dear Eva,

Although I don't know a whole lot about OVCA I know that you will be getting more info from other women on this site--and indeed you already have!

You are a great stepdaughter...and no, we don't mind your browsing at all! This site is rich with resources, information, and most importantly, very caring people who will surround you and your stepmom with concern, prayer, and support.

Of course, we hope that it won't turn out to be cancer after all...but whatever happens, we're with you.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 06-12-2004, 09:46 AM
everything out

Thank you very much for your replies. She had everything removed when she had her hysterectomy. She is a high risk surgery patient. She had adhesions from previous surgeries. She was treated for 5 years for Chron's disease and she didn't have it. She had prolapsed rectum. She has had it done twice. The doctor told her not to get all anxious about it until the test results come through but when someone mentions cancer, it's kinda hard not too. I will definitely keep you posted. She has her ultrasound done on Tuesday. Unfortunately she does have all the symptons. We are all hoping that it is her IBS acting up but like I said, she has all the symptons.....

Thank you again.
~Eva~
Unread 06-17-2004, 12:16 PM
don't know

My step-mom had her ultrasound done and it didn't show anything, so good news. Her blood tests came back negative. good news. but she is cramping worse, so she is out of work and has an appointment with the doctor on friday, so I will let ya know what we find out.....
Thank you all
~Eva~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register