CA 125 test results - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CA 125 test results CA 125 test results

Unread 06-12-2004, 10:19 PM
CA 125 test results

s Boos

It sounds like your sister is doing all the right things.
Most importantly she is seeing a gyn onc doc. They are the experts whenever ovarian cancer is remotely suspected.
Don't be too freaked by her high ca 125 reading. It is meaningless until proven she has cancer via a biopsy. And then the trend of it will gain importance. I am aware of women who had much, much higher readings.
My own was in the 900's pre surgery. Dropped to the 40's after surgery and went to 14 after my first chemo. I just celebrated the three year anniversary of my surgery for stage IIIC ovarian cancer and my latest ca 125 was 6.
So hang in there and try to relax until you know for sure what your sister is dealing with.
Hopefully it will be a benign mass.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2004, 11:00 PM
CA 125 test results

Thank you ladies for your kind and reassuring words. It's amazing to me that people I don't even know can so easily put calm back into my life. I have a wonderful, close and loving family, but I tend to be the glue that binds. Before 8:30 am most mornings I've heard from my sister twice, my mother, my father and back to my sister. I hold them all up but tend to sink a bit myself trying to reassure and cheer them. So many of you have incrediable stories of strength, courage, and bravery. Thank you for sharing. I'll let you know what happens on Tuesday.

Boo
Unread 06-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Boosbuddy

Sorry to hear about your sister. I can't add much more to what the other sisters have answered. How high the CA125 number is doesn't neccessarily indicate how advanced the cancer (if it is cancer) is. My CA125 was 182 and after surgery in January I was told I had stage 2B ovarian cancer. The numbers have now been normal but I may still have residual cancer cells (even though the numbers are normal). From what I read your sister is on the right track by seeing a gyno/onc. Surgery is usually the primary treatment -that's when they can confirm if it is cancer. She could go for a PET scan - that can also confirm it without surgery but as my doctor told my husband "there's something growing in your wife's tummy and it has to come out". This growth has to be removed -hopefully is will not be cancerous. My prayers are with you,your sister and your whole family. Please tell your sister about this site so she can get more info, support, hugs,etc. These are a great bunch of women and I know without them I feel lost,this is my second "family"! God bless you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Hiya

Good luck to your sister on Tuesday. I cant give you any other advice except stay off the net until you have the facts or you will drive yourself crazy worrying and probably end up reading the wrong information relating to your sister. Easier said than done i know! Hopefully all will be benign.

Take care
Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register