Rectal Fissure? Holy Cow! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectal Fissure? Holy Cow! Rectal Fissure? Holy Cow!

Unread 06-16-2004, 08:35 PM
GI Dr called me,,,

OM spoke to him about what happened. He said it was going to be "dealt with", that he pays them to answer his phones take his messages NOT to form opinions and play doctor. He sounded a little more than steamed.

He also nixed the scoping on Friday and switched it to a CAT scan tomorrow AM. Now that he is aware I most likely have a hole, he said it could be ripped open with a scope. So I will let you know what comes of it. If the hole is on the scan, he said we will get a colorectal surgeon to repair it. Whatever that entails..
Puppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Rectal Fissure? Holy Cow!

Hi Puppet -

I'm so glad that you are getting the help that you need. Like I said earlier - I had my rectal fistulas repaired in January and a colorectal surgeon is the best for this condition. None of my fistulas show on any CAT scans however, contrast material was in all the wrong places - so they knew there where connections there.

Take care - and keep us posted.

Anita
Unread 06-17-2004, 10:20 AM

Thanks Anita,
Feels better to know I'm on the right track. So was this "repair" you had a simple thing they can do with a scope or something?
Just the name "Colo-rectal Surgeon" sounds painful to me! lol
Makes me nervous too..
Puppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2004, 10:33 AM
puppet

When do you go for your test today?Or is it tomorrow?
Unread 06-17-2004, 10:42 AM

Ickes,
I'm drinking the barium as we speak, and the test is in 1 hour.
I've just been sitting here thinking what a nut case I'll look like if nothing shows up! (8-0
puppet
Unread 06-17-2004, 10:49 AM

I feel just horrible for you, all the worse that you are still not convinced this is a real problem--it is. How awful that they've managed to give you this much self-doubt about your perceptions. You couldn't have mistaken this, no way--it is real and you're not crazy. Not one of us who hasn't had this has EVER had a symptom like that nor even thought of it. You didn't manufacture this out of nothing.

I'll have a prayer in my heart all day for you. I know others will too.
Unread 06-17-2004, 10:55 AM

Chemgal
You are SO sweet! I meant to say thank you personally for your advice and support the other day but just got side tracked. You are right of course, and I do know something is wrong, but that little teensy voice of doubt just won't shut up, lol...Thank you for your prayers, I appreciate that very much.
Puppet
Unread 06-17-2004, 11:00 AM
puppet

I will be thinling about you.Let us know how it go's.I know I have alot of ultrasounds and thought boy I will fill stupid if nothing comes up.I am positive their is something wrong down their with you and the dr needs to find out what and fix it.Take care,Your dr seems nice
Unread 06-17-2004, 11:05 AM

Puppet: We'll all be praying for you. Please let us know the results of the test.
Unread 06-17-2004, 03:49 PM
The test "surprise"

Got it done! I *hate* drinking that goop!
When I got there I had little surprise, a contrast enema :-( (DOH, lol) Oh well it's all OVER now! She said they will (more like*should*) have the results tomorrow...
Puppet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register