Just need someone to listen... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just need someone to listen... Just need someone to listen...

Unread 06-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Just need someone to listen...

Hello everyone!
I'm scheduled for TAH next week, June 24th. Am I excited? Yes, definatley! Only thing is, I am worried.

I just found out Thurs. that my daughter has scarlet fever. I am so worried I will get this and not be able to have my surgery. I am taking and have been taking Vitamin C 1000 mg a day for about 2 weeks now just in case. Do you guys think this will help any? Or any other suggestions? That's all I need is to catch this and have to push my surgery back.

Also, I'm having some hurt feelings right now. My original surgery date was June 30th, but thank goodness it was moved up almost a week to the 24th. My own mother said she wouldn't be there the 30th because that was her week off for vacation and she was going to see my brother (in another state). Well, I sort of got over that because she had that vacation planned before I had my surgery planned. But now that's surgery is the week before, she still she's not going to be there, because she can't get off of work. It's the day before she is suppose to go to my brother's. I tell you, I am so frustrated with my mom. She acts like she doesn't care at all. I feel so all alone. And the bad thing is, I'm not alone. Dear hubby is wonderful. He's taking a whole week and a half off to be with me and help me both in and out of the castle. I'm more than delighted that at least he cares enough to be with me and all, but I still feel sort of depressed. Am I expecting too much, expecting my own mom there? I'm 28, but I really am hurting over this.

One good thing though... 2 of my kids will be in West Virginia with their grandparents the week of my surgery! They will leave next weekend the 19th and not come home until the 28th. I will miss them dearly, but it worked out really well. Now they don't have to see me all yucky and stuff the first few days post-op. My oldest daughter will be at her dad's for a week. So, all in all, I guess I should be happy, and I am, but need a little lift too I guess.

Thank you guys for listening. This is only like the third time I have vented about things since I found out about my surgery.

Sorry this so long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 03:06 PM

Hi,

Not sure about the scarlet fever, but when my daughter's best friend had it they had been cuddled up all day together, shared cups etc and she didn't catch it so hopefully you will be ok.

It is natural to feel upset about this, and I understand how you feel about your mum, maybe she doesn't realise how she is upsetting you? Could you tell her somehow?

Good luck, chin up!

xxx
Unread 06-13-2004, 06:59 PM

unfortunately i don't know about the Scarlet Fever issue either. my brother's friend had it and no on in his house caught it.

on the mom note, my mom isn't coming until the week after the surgery because her vacation is the week of. i felt like, "****! you're my MOTHER. get your priorities straight!" not to mention that my brother, who lives down the street, is meeting her for vacation. he talked to her about postponing and she threw a fit. so he'll be gone, too.

i realise that, in reality, i'll need more help after i'm at home and they'll soon after arrive, but, well, OUCH. it hurt my feelings a lot. i'm 38 but i guess you just expect certain things...

thank all goodness for my DSO!!! he'll be off the whole week of for me and his family is here in town and want s to help however they can. his mom had a hyster many moons ago.

hey, and thanks for venting! this had been bothering me but i was alittle embarassed to bring it up.

i feel better now that it's out.

peace and health
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 07:15 PM

Hi
My daughter had scarlet fever when I adopted her..the doctor said it was from having alot of strep infection..you may want to check with your doctor and get his /her opinion on this just to be on the safe side. He may tell you , that you are safe as she obviously has been seen and is on anti biotics.
again I would check with a doctor as surgery makes us a little more suceptable to infection.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register