adenomyosis and what to keep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyosis and what to keep adenomyosis and what to keep

Unread 06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
adenomyosis and what to keep

Hi there. I have been suffering over the last year w/pain and heavy bleeding. So, I only have about one week a month (narrowed down to 3-4 w/kids and work) to be intimate w/my husband. I have just been diagnosed (via MRI and laproscopic) with adenomyosis. I have been reading on this website and now have a bunch more questions. In some of the literature, it is stated that the uterus and cervix must go to "cure" adenomyosis. However, am up in the air w/the ovary thing since I am prone to extremely painful ovulations and recurrent cysts (rupture). I have to call my doctor in the next week or so (that is when I said I would) to let him know my decision. Anyone else out there going through/have gone through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 11:53 PM

I did not have adenomyosis diginosed at the time before my hyst. I told my doctor I wanted my ovaries, I did not do research I only had a weeks notice, but he thought at my age 41 they would work for a few more years he used age to help me decide. In the end one ovary looked "funky" in doctor lingo so he took it, and glad he did, in hindsight one last organ to get sick...

I would ask on the post op side and see how the ladies made the decsion.

sorry about the spelling it's late
good luck to you and a speedy recovery
Mary
Unread 06-14-2004, 01:11 AM

hi there!..alot of what you wrote sounds just like me..i have suffered with prolonged periods,ovarian cysts,painful sex..i was diagnosed with adeno,after a d &c,hysterescopy,laparoscopy,and right ovary removal-due to large cysts and diseased ovary..my husbad and i might have 5 days a month that im ok to have sex..otherwise,i hurt,bleed,or cramp too badly..i myself,am having my remaining ovary removed..it now has cysts,this is how my other ovary started out..i just want it all out,and then i wont have to worry down the road,about more female problems..also,this will be my 2nd surgery in 4 months,and id really like to get "fixed up"this time..i say if your ovaries are not part of the pain,keep them..if they are,and youve had cysts on them,you might want to consider having them removed..my dr. suggested a TAH,and im totally at peace with that..hell be pretty much removing everything..if i can help you in any way,let me know!..hang in there,youre not alone..*hugs*..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2004, 11:37 AM

Hi, First I just gotta tell you that I LOVE upstate NY!

I had everything removed but cervix (SAH). I had the worst case of Adeno and Endo that my Dr. has seen. My ovaries were removed because of my age, 46. My dr. told me that it is recommended that woman over 45 have them removed, but he did let me decide, I decided to lose them. To tell the truth in the past few years I suffered from ovarian cysts that were sooo painful that I'm happy their gone. But then you go into surgical menopause. For me it has been very easy. Some day and night hot flashes but other than that, not bad at all. I' know that I'm lucky and some woman suffer thru it or go on HRT. I'm not taking anything because of the Endo they found. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register